PDA

View Full Version : I need job in Australia.. come direct employers

brianubaldo
12-09-2008, 03:54 AM
hi forum mates..

im a technical support here in Ph. age is 22, and been 3 years in the ref & A/C industry.. im just trying to find a job in Australia.. im bored in Ph..

Is there any people here who have a shop or refrigeration business in australia?.. haha:)

how much is the basic salary of a fridge mechanic in australia.. and who can give me job in australia?

Toolman
12-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Do you know if your qualifications are valid here? 3 yrs in the "industry" is less than an apprenticeship here so you may need to check if you are qualified if you arrive in Australia before you worry or concern yourself with the wages .

monkey spanners
13-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi Brian,

Problem:

You're are bored with your life in the Philippines.

Solution:

Move to Austrailia.

Monkeyspanners concern with proposed soluton:

Of the three common factors mentioned: You, your job, where you live, You're plan involves changing only one. I have a suspicion that once you have gotten used to a life in Austrailia that boredom will once again reappear.
If every person living in the Philippines was bored then we could conclude that living there was inherently boring, this i am sure isn't the case, so boredom may not be due living in the Philippines.

Monkeyspanners proposed solution:

Change your perception. Chose to view the where you live and life in general in a similar way that non bored people do.
This is not the work of five minutes but has the benefit of being of great use to you no matter where you end up living.

Jon:)

brianubaldo
15-09-2008, 10:15 AM
my friend move to australia for work last year..

he is only 22 yrs old and 3 years also in working experience.. he is a welder.. im just thinking if i could go there for work..

he earns 2500 to 3000USD per month.. that is almost my 3 months salary here in ph. thats why im bored here..

paul_h
15-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Refrigeration (and the licenced electrical skills to go with it) areheavily regulated industries.
You couldn't move here and be in the trade without doing a 4 year apprenticeship, which is low paid ($900 p/m US) for the first year.
Renting a unit to live in is $800 p/m though.

Not saying don't come here, there's work in other fields like your friend does, but you won't get a job in refrigeration here.
The downside is, they won't let you in without a trades skill. And overseas experience in refrigeration/electrical doesn't count, so it's a catch 22. So unfortunately you're in the wrong trade to qualify for easy employment in australia.
That's the way I've understood the system anyway, but there's a lot of people from the UK that got here, and south africa etc.

edit: Maybe someone who has done the move to australia will post some advice.
But from personal experience (my last place of work hired a guy from overseas), they had to get him qualified even though he had his overseas trade papers.

Ferdx
10-11-2008, 04:57 AM
I have worked with 2 guys from the Phillipines, both had relevent quals that allowed them to work straight away. 1 is now the head technician at his firm(although the boss is dodgy and I bet he is underpaid). The other guy has problems finding a stable job because of his low english ability. The second guy also had a lot to learn as he had never seen a reversing valve before he worked with me!