PDA

View Full Version : Samsung RS21DCNS, no water

pbcad
11-09-2008, 08:20 PM
MyRS21DCNS isn't dispensing water. When you push the dispenser lever in there is a noise the pump works in the rear of the fridge but no water. I checked the filter (external, wall mounted) and it's flowing fine, and its flowing through the push in connector at the rear of the door.
It has been making a rubbing noise lately, and I did have to remove the inner rear panels and chip the ice from around the fan about a couple of months ago, but I believe that this is a known issue.
Any ideas?

Paul

344martin
11-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Water bottle frozen? quite common (located behind rear fridge panel at bottom)

tonto33
11-09-2008, 11:30 PM
u have a fault wiv either the defrost sensor or themal fuse as ice is building up round fan causing the ice bottle to freeze hence no water

brianubaldo
12-09-2008, 02:24 AM
hi pbcad

i make u a simple block diagram for you follow the route of the water supply.. it makes more easy to troubleshoot if you know whats going on inside..

the ice dispenser micro switch located at the back of the front panel [dispenser side] controlls the solenoid valve of the ice dispenser cover and gives signal to micom to make the auger motor in the ice maker starts.... about the ice maker how it makes ice and how it harverst ice it is controlled by the micom..

the water dispenser micro switch controlls the assy solenoid valve.. that is the only valve that controlls your water in water dispenser.. via the water dispenser tank [3liters capacity]..