PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Genesis R90 Multi temp

helpfactor
11-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Hi guys, hope someone can help. I've been working on a multi temp genesis r90 str trk unit. The problem is compartment 1 evaporator fans are inop. The fuses, fan board module and capacitors check out good. The carrier manual doesn't offer any help on this.

Thanks

SteinarN
11-09-2008, 07:24 PM
If the compartment 2 fan(s) is running, then the generator is good. If the inoperable fan motor get warm after say 5 min where it should be running then the fan get power. Next is it turning freely? If it is, then the fan capacitor (located innside the el. box in the evaporator) probably is faulty. If it not get warm, then it dont get any power. Normally this means the fan board module is faulty.

Have you measured if power reaches the el-box in the evaporator?

abbsnowman
12-09-2008, 06:14 AM
Cheers Steinar, good to see a friendly face here!

SteinarN
12-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Some friendly people is still around :)

helpfactor
12-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the reply. Both fans spin freely, not getting warm. Found no voltage to fans. Have voltage good voltage from fan module. Voltage loss is between control box to evaporator housing. Still digging!

SteinarN
12-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Are you absolutely 100% sure you have voltage at fan relay output? If my memory serves me right you should have roughly 220VAC between the common blue wire and the left brown wire for compartment 1 at the fan relay module. The fan relays is some cheap china stuff. have replaced a ton of them cause the relay doesnt output any voltage.

clivemtk
13-09-2008, 10:00 PM
on top of control panel are 2x multi plugs carring power to compartment 1+2 by the drier try these

jeff carson
02-10-2008, 09:58 PM
what u can try is cutting into the spare fan 3 relay it is not being used .
i have had a few relay boards fail and had to wire into the third relay