PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for small split system that will cool to 16 degrees ?

cool burn hurt
11-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Hello,

I normally install Daikin but have a job that needs a room cooling to 16 degrees. Daikin only go down to 18 degrees on the small splits.

Only for a small room about 3 metres x 3.3 metres, ( home gym) 2.5kw would be plenty of cooling, I might install a 3.5kw.

So can anyone recommend something that will let the user set 16 degrees on the remote control that is also a reliable brand ?

Thank you,

eggs
11-09-2008, 01:20 PM
You need an Hitachi Summit, i'm sure they do 16 deg C

Eggs

paul_h
11-09-2008, 01:45 PM
panasonics do as well.

cool burn hurt
11-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Thanks eggs,

I have installed a few Hitachis so thats one I would consider.
I remember installing something that went to 16 degrees ages ago, cant remember which make..

Although when I check with SWM they say 19 degrees minimum temperature on Hitachi RAC35 ?

If anyone has a remote control for a small split 3.5kw they could check how low it goes that would be great.

Will check out Panasonic also :)

Thanks,

ewgeny
11-09-2008, 03:26 PM
If you want to be more cool than 16 deg. you can, cover therm. resistor on indoor unit with smothig, that indicate higher temp. than that in real is. Then you need to calibrate indoor temp with remote contr. temp. and you are done.

paul_h
11-09-2008, 03:53 PM
If you want to be more cool than 16 deg. you can, cover therm. resistor on indoor unit with smothig, that indicate higher temp. than that in real is. Then you need to calibrate indoor temp with remote contr. temp. and you are done.
I thinks its a more psychological thing here ewgeny, the customer wants to see "16C" on the controller, to make them feel cooler and that their a/c is better than others who only go down to 17C or 18C as read by the controller, not any mods that make it actually run cooler than what the setpoint is.

chemi-cool
11-09-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm not so sure it will work.

Fins are too close on the avaporator coil, if outside temp will drop, it will freeze very quick.

Below 18°C it belongs to refrigeration.

paul_h
11-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Doesn't matter, the guy just wants to supply a unit that has a 16C setting on the remote, which a few brands do.
Whether it works or not, is up to the manufacturer and whoever does the warranty, not for us to worry about :)
I've given up is prescribing how to use a split for best effeciency, that was my task in my last job, not anymore.
If some guy wants a unit that cools to 16C because they are afraid to sweat in their gym then that's their issue, and it was not the question that was asked ;)
Relax, have a beer, it's almost the weekend.

icecube51
11-09-2008, 07:35 PM
try Zenith air , is a sister brand of Sanyo.
www.zenithair.fr (http://www.zenithair.fr)

Ice

BritCit_Juve
13-09-2008, 11:52 AM
You could always try the Marstair or Qualitair low temperature cassette units.
They are designed to operate down to 12°C so 16°C will be no problem.
Alternatively Heronhill will select a Marstair highwall and condensing unit match to cope with the room temperature.
BritCit

hvaclover
14-09-2008, 07:23 PM
16*C is 60.8*F. For the life of me I cannot see why anyone would want to maintain an ID temp so low in a home Gym.

There are health implications I could name but more to the point it seems that the equipment being considered would be exceeding normal parameters.

I would think that the latent load would be quite high (persons working out and perspiring and such)and with out a a high enough Delta T the coil will indeed frost up.

Under similar circumstances in the US we would use a larger spected coil to to achieve a lower temp which would result in a slightly over sized condensing unit too.

You will for give me if this sounds contrary to your usual practices; I am new here.

We're it my customer I would use an air handler if space allowed.

3.5kw equates to 12000 btu (rounded of to the nearest hundredth) or 1 ton of a capacity.

9.9 sq mtrs is about a 10 ft by 16 ft room.

Seems one ton would do the 16C but a freeze up would be inevitable

sinewave
16-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Stick him in a Cellar Cooler and have done with it!

gwilliamson
16-09-2008, 07:08 PM
The last Hitachi i fitted went down to 16 in cooling.

It was the RAS35 which is from the summit range. Not the RAC35 which is their commercial range.

Hope this helps.

airefresco
16-09-2008, 08:24 PM
I was working on a fujitsu inverter today that went down to 16ºC. Not sure on the model. I´m going back there tomorrow, so if I remember, i´ll write it down for you.