PDA

View Full Version : Major Condensation Issues

Core-Mark TO
10-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Hi I am in Toronto Canada and I am the maintenance supervisor where I work.
I am having major condensation issues in my cooler, chill dock and freezer.
I get puddles of water on the floor under every beam in my coolers.
I get water dripping from the beams especially where the screws penatrate the decking. The panels are 4" foam sandwiched with aluminum. I also get it dripping from the sprinkler heads and from a unit heater that is installed on the dock.
All our doors have curtains that are new except the man doors have nothing.
The loading dock doors have dock levelers and the dock door seals are only a rubber seal so I get some water pooling at the floor by the seals.
I get condensation coming into the cooler from under the walls. There is about a 16" gap between the outside of the cooler walls and the inside of the building precast walls. There is no air movement in this space because of beams and the ends are closed.
There is about a 3' space between the top of the cooler and the ceiling in the building.
All the units have electrick defrosts and all the condensation from the units drain into a sump pump in the cooler and then out to the drain.

I hope I have given you an idea of my situation and equipment.

Any comments and help would be appreciated.

Gary

chemi-cool
10-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi Gary,

To make a serious suggestion, I would have to see the place, but.......

Condensation inside a cold store is only happening when hot and humid air from outside is entering the cold room and condensing on the cold metal parts [dew point....]