PDA

View Full Version : LG express cool GR 572TVF. Help!

lgluck
09-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Hi there,
I was given this fridge freezer by a friend who said it was in mint condition. I have had it fror 5 weeks now but have noticed the temperature dropping in the fridge although the thermostat is on the highest setting. I noticed something wrong as the air was not cold enough and all the food were rotting after a few days. On the other hand the freezer is working like a dream. What can I do to get the fridge working again. Any suggestions? Any secrets how these fridge freezers work?
Thank you
:confused:

tonto33
09-09-2008, 10:43 AM
defrost sensor may have failed

platinumfreeze
10-09-2008, 12:16 AM
1 of 3 things:
1) evaporator fan is faulty of stopped from ice build up probably from freezer door not shutting
2) defrost sensor faulty
3) PCB Main faulty

I've seen all those at the same time with LG refrigerators.

trandung
13-09-2008, 12:24 PM
I think your problem it be the one cabinet was obstruct cable, filtering filter obliteration. correct just filtering filter spruce

lgluck
18-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Thank you so much for your reply. Can you tell me how I can detect these and where do I start? Where are these things found and can I fix myself or worth getting an engineer in? The freezer is fine just the refrigerator bit is not getting cold and I know because food is going off. Also the rumbling noise it makes at times has stopped altogether. Please help.

tonto33
18-09-2008, 06:35 PM
u can get the parts from partmaster and fit them urself

paul_h
18-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Any air at all blowing into the fridge when you hold the door switch down?
Is there no air, or just warm air out of the fridge vents?

A rumbling noise sounds like an iced up evaporator and the fan being obstructed. Because the evaporator is iced up and blocking the fan, no air can be fan forced into the refrigerator section.
The freezer will go warm in a few days too. It just takes a bit longer as thats where the evaporator is.
As with any frost free fridge/freezers, you have a heater, thermal fuse or defrost sensor/klixon fault.