PDA

View Full Version : mitsi R22 to 410a systems..

rbartlett
03-02-2004, 01:03 PM
hi guy's

anyone round here fitted one of those new mitsi units which allows you to use the existing R22 pipework on their new 410a unit
as it has a dipswitch which 'cleans' the pipes out for 2 hours prior to running in 'normal'

cheers

richard

chemi-cool
03-02-2004, 04:36 PM
hi richard,

never did such job but from what I know you need different type of copper pipes fore R410.

I think you can find more at: http://www.410a.com/

chemi

rbartlett
03-02-2004, 05:46 PM
chemi

these mitsi units can use te old copper by having a scavenging cycle which when you first install it, it runs for 2 hours 'clening' the old pipework out of oil and contaminants

http://www.bsee.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/2886/Air_conditioning_system_is_an_installer%92s_gem.html

http://www.mitsubishi-aircon.co.uk/pdf/technical/technical/Specifications/Mr%20Slim%20R410A%20Specification.doc

cheers

richard

Peter_1
03-02-2004, 08:33 PM
Pressures on the field piping are not that much higher then you have now with R22. Both are low pressure lines between in- and outdoor. But the thickness high pressure pipes in the outdoor units needs to be more then with R22.

chemi-cool
03-02-2004, 09:34 PM
so, if I'm wrong, why then, are R-410a compressors have a thicker shell?
I would use the thicker pipes even just to be on the safe side.

You might get another summer like last year.

you will need a ladder to see where the high pressure gone up to.

chemi

Peter_1
03-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Mitsubishi recommends to use normal copper lines.
Also according to PED legislations, this is not needed.
Inside the compressor shell is indeed a higher pressure then we usual see but because expansion is in the outdoor unit (thicker tubes are used for discharge lines installed in the factory), therefore at the outlet of the two service ports you have twice a low pressure: 'low pressure not evaporated yet liquid' and suction gasses.

Pressure = +/- 27 bar for 45°C condensing (30 bar for 50°C), low pressure of +/- 7 bar for tv =0°C.

We needed another set of manifolds for these. Connections are made different to avoid accidents.

baker
04-02-2004, 07:54 AM
I have heard our American friends saying that they have been to R410a training sessions where it has been stated that you can use the same copper thicknesses as R22.

However, in Australia the tubing manufacturers have been running a "Think Pink" campaign where ACR copper for R410a has pink plastic caps as opposed to the normal yellow plastic caps.

I assume that standards and conditions vary from country to country, so there will be no universal answer to this question.

frank
05-02-2004, 09:03 PM
This link is quite interesting and I think it answers most of the questions here. http://www.ccbda.org/pdfs/28e.pdf

ac king
25-01-2011, 10:40 PM
hi guy's

anyone round here fitted one of those new mitsi units which allows you to use the existing R22 pipework on their new 410a unit
as it has a dipswitch which 'cleans' the pipes out for 2 hours prior to running in 'normal'

cheers

richard
blow through with ofn tripple vac break vac then put unit through a test run after that is complete run as normal end off as simple as that wey hey

stufus
25-01-2011, 10:45 PM
ac king
Check the dates !!!
That thread is 7 years old.
WEY HEY!!:confused:
Cheers
Stu

install monkey
25-01-2011, 10:50 PM
did 5 power inverters in peterborough using the original r22 pipework. re do the flares,adjust 1 dip switch if liq line is 1/2 pressure test to 40 bar,evacuate as normal then open service valves and add any additional charge then run the self clean mode for upto 2 hrs. then flick the dip switch and off u go.
mitsi do state that the original systems havent had compressor failure and it is possible to pump down. check with mitsi theyres a procedure sheet.

croc1774
26-01-2011, 10:38 AM
All Manufactures make these systems now a days but they do specify you flush the pipe work then use Ofn and then fit dryer to each system.
Flushing kit cost about £100.00 :)

Imp
27-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Over the counter pipe sizes up to 7/8 are okay for pressures of up to 43 bar in the annealed copper condition, ie very soft and maleable. You need to ensure that you switch to lower gauges for 1 1/8 upwards. I researched this for two years so I can promise you it is correct. Contact me if you want the details. Never known a Mitsi replace to go wrong.

stufus
27-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Over the counter pipe sizes up to 7/8 are okay for pressures of up to 43 bar in the annealed copper condition, ie very soft and maleable. You need to ensure that you switch to lower gauges for 1 1/8 upwards. I researched this for two years so I can promise you it is correct. Contact me if you want the details. Never known a Mitsi replace to go wrong.
You researched for 2 years??
Well done you;)
Was that while the original post was hibernating for a few years.:)
Cheers
Stu

Imp
28-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Cheers for the polite reply Stufus the Dufus.
I will remember to make sure I check everything in future especially the dates. I will also try not to be helpful and post insulting posts like yours instead.
This site is supposed to be for trading knowledge and helping each other. If you want to post childish nonsense I suggest you ressurect fridgeman.com