PDA

View Full Version : Hourly rate or flat rate?????

platinumfreeze
09-09-2008, 02:28 AM
What's the best way to charge companies for refrigeration work? What's an honest hourly rate or can somebody give pointers on how to determine flat rates for jobs.
Thanx :D

kooler
09-09-2008, 03:01 AM
Honestly, every flat rate expert I've read or heard from all said the same thing, "You're going to make more money using the flat rate system"... Which leads me to figure that money will naturally have to come from my customers' pockets... It just stands to their reasoning, the reality is you will be charging your customer more than if you charged by the hour... So if every company around charged flat rate then the customer will have to pay up...

Presently I charge by the hour but my sole proprietor position is also a moonlighting one in a small town with no competition... Not enough population to matter... Cheers, kooler

dan wong
09-09-2008, 05:37 AM
What's the best way to charge companies for refrigeration work? What's an honest hourly rate or can somebody give pointers on how to determine flat rates for jobs.
Thanx :D

Every customer is different, every machine is different, every job is different. Difficult job should cost more, easy job - cost less. I say: Hourly rate is the fairest.

The Viking
09-09-2008, 05:33 PM
We have discussed this before...

Basically you have to add up all your costs, incl. your wage/tool deprivation/profit and so on. Then divide this with how many hours you are willing to spend on sites (be able to charge for).
This would be your hourly rate.

If you want to quote a flat rate for a job then you just estimate how many hours you need to do the job and multiply this whith your hourly rate.

(Don't forget travel time/costs)