PDA

View Full Version : Help Panasonic a/c

malcolm
05-09-2008, 04:06 PM
I have installed X 2 CS P80V1JP cassettes model CUP80H1HP condense units (second hand equip at customers request) & now having problem with filter clean light keeps flashing on hard wire controller have tried reset button with no luck. Have been in touch with tech guys at panasonic tried thier ideas still no luck they now suggest new pcb on both unit any other ideas?????????????????. Also any ideas on dip switch settings.

paul_h
05-09-2008, 04:19 PM
From memory the filter light flashes every 80-100 hours of operation as a reminder to service the unit. If everything works ok, then there's no problems. Have you held the button down long enough to reset, or is it not going off not matter how long you hold it down?
edit: sorry for basic response, but I've never heard of the filter light coming on for any sort of fault from something else so it's all I can think of. First of all, can you confirm that all operation is normal, or does the system not work at all?
It could be the timer that keeps track of service intervals has stuffed up I guess. If you talked to panasonic, did they say where that timer is, ie the indoor PCb or in the controller? I wouldn't replace indoor pcbs if the timer is in the controller and the indoor unit functions perfectly except for the controller flashing the filter light.

frank
05-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Why is this post in the 'History of Refrigeration' section??