PDA

View Full Version : flushing out of existing pipe work?

andy-t
05-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Hi guys need some help on this one. Removed 2 old daikin condensing units feeding cooling coils in ductwork on R22 GAS. Customer wants replacement condensing units and to keep cost down leave cooling coils in place. Spoke to DAIKIN TECH new type units with electronic expansion devices are on r410a and warrenty will not cover replacement on old r22 system. So chaps i spoke to AIRDALE and they tell me if i flush out pipe work and coils no problems replacements on r407c. can you please tell me the procedure for this process and the substances to use.
THANKS

paul_h
05-09-2008, 02:38 PM
A welded/flared union to the piping, methylated spirits pumped through to flush oils out, blow through with nitrogen to dry out any liquid methylated spirits and clear out any oil etc, and loooong evacuation.

andy-t
05-09-2008, 04:05 PM
what are you using to pump meths through system?

scottishladx
08-09-2008, 01:29 AM
what are you using to pump meths through system?

Gauges maybe ?

The MG Pony
08-09-2008, 06:11 PM
some hoses pipe clamps and a circ pump of the vane type config & a good filter.

works a trick.

BritCit_Juve
10-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Flush each line through with endoflush (can use a standard domestic pump) then blast through with dry nitrogen to clear out the endoflush.
If there are any oil traps then you will be best to cut them out to clear them.
Brit

brianubaldo
11-09-2008, 05:54 AM
Hi guys need some help on this one. Removed 2 old daikin condensing units feeding cooling coils in ductwork on R22 GAS. Customer wants replacement condensing units and to keep cost down leave cooling coils in place. Spoke to DAIKIN TECH new type units with electronic expansion devices are on r410a and warrenty will not cover replacement on old r22 system. So chaps i spoke to AIRDALE and they tell me if i flush out pipe work and coils no problems replacements on r407c. can you please tell me the procedure for this process and the substances to use.
THANKS

1] clean the system first..[flushing]
2] replace the drier
3] leak testing
4] evacuation
5] charging
6] OBSERVATION.. adjustments of TXV if needed

icecube51
17-09-2008, 05:44 PM
you need good tools like a flush pump,make a by-pass on one side,and lots and lots of patience.don't do anything hasty,because it will get you're time back twice over.be sure there are no leaks,they can be tested wile flushing,and make sure you place a filter between the old lines and the new units.

Ice

S_Line
19-09-2008, 11:18 AM
HRP sell a product called Endoflush ;)

Quality
19-09-2008, 12:28 PM
CL40 is very effective

SkyWalker
26-09-2008, 11:53 PM
endo flush, its a pain in the back side to get out though! i done 4 sytems only last/this week!

ultralo1
27-09-2008, 01:36 PM
We flush all the cascade systems we work on with R406A. The manufacturer suggested this refrigerant due to the R142b content.

We isolate the evap, attach a hose and valve on the suction side. The refrigerant drum is attached to this side. The high side gets a hose, sight glass, then a valve. This line is attached to a recovery unit. The valve and sight glass is used to make sure you flood the system and get liquid out. You regulate the valave in the high side hose for this. You must have liquid in and liquid out. The recovery unit is the pump.

M.Amer
27-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Hi guy's if some one can provide me the full details n manufacturer's details, of endo "flush". we are still using r11 & nitrogen far flushin,we search in da local market fa da any suitable cleaners, but its not available thank you! My email (amer2k8@gmail)

gdodds
27-02-2010, 02:58 PM
can anyone be more specific what pump to use for flushing process
Thanks
George Dodds

BritCit_Juve
27-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Try the following link http://www.advancedengineering.co.uk/uk-vi-product.asp?pid=144
Brit

MR CVP
01-03-2010, 09:17 PM
I would not use Endo Flush if not done correctly it is worse than leaving in the Old Oil etc, As some one has already mentioned you will need to pay special attention to Headers etc as this is where the Endo Flush collects.

At work we use An Fri 3 Machine to clean old pipe work etc this uses refrigerant as a flushing agent so you could use the R22 that is already there to do the Flushing the Machine then seperates the Oil/ Dirt etc and dumps it into a Cylinder and then puts the Now Clean R22 into a Recovery cylinder, Not Cheap but very effective, the machines are serious bucks but I think Buisiness Edge offer this service and I also think London Hermetics have one.

Alternativly why not Fit a VRV Q? this is desgined to connect onto Existing R22 Pipe work and use's R 410A albiet at lower pressures (so that it can be used with the thiner wall pipework from yesteryear) the outdoor unit will also Flush the Pipework on start up and then dumps the old Mineral oil into a Receiver vessal,this is then shut off for the rest of the units life.

I think there is Info up on Daikin Website;).

Regards

M

Mentallist
20-03-2010, 06:00 PM
FRI is definately the best way of cleaning the piping. VRV-Q will only be an option if it is a K series or VRV system you are working on. If the present outdoor units are serving an AHU will refrigerant coils within, then you can still use a Daikin R410a outdoor unit. RZQ with applicable controls box will suffice. With this system it is possible to keep the original piping and use different size pipes to that of the direct connection to the RZQ outdoor unit. Providing the piping can hold a 40 bar pressure test, then this will be an ok method. You should also check the design pressure of the coil in this instance. If this is a Daikin VRV system on R22, then of course it is possible to use the VRV-Q

cooldude
20-03-2010, 06:22 PM
we have used ak flush before from FSW quite easy lots of ofn needed tho

chill_ac
04-09-2010, 04:13 PM
other than an FRI machine which is the best and most cost effective way to flush out pipes and what will I need?

Fri3Oil System
14-09-2010, 11:14 AM
FRI is definately the best way of cleaning the piping. VRV-Q will only be an option if it is a K series or VRV system you are working on. If the present outdoor units are serving an AHU will refrigerant coils within, then you can still use a Daikin R410a outdoor unit. RZQ with applicable controls box will suffice. With this system it is possible to keep the original piping and use different size pipes to that of the direct connection to the RZQ outdoor unit. Providing the piping can hold a 40 bar pressure test, then this will be an ok method. You should also check the design pressure of the coil in this instance. If this is a Daikin VRV system on R22, then of course it is possible to use the VRV-Q

At work we use An Fri 3 Machine to clean old pipe work etc this uses refrigerant as a flushing agent so you could use the R22 that is already there to do the Flushing the Machine then seperates the Oil/ Dirt etc and dumps it into a Cylinder and then puts the Now Clean R22 into a Recovery cylinder, Not Cheap but very effective, the machines are serious bucks but I think Buisiness Edge offer this service and I also think London Hermetics have one.

Maybe this is what Mr. Tesla and other needed so I can stop blowing my trompet. Perhaps now you can ask these engineers. Specially Daikin in the UK have been using this cleaning method for 4yrs if I'm not wrong.

Regards,

Nando :)

Advanced-Eng UK
06-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Hi - I'm sure the original query has been answered but if anybody has any questions on using EndoFlush, please ask!

Thanks

Rory

glenn1340
06-10-2010, 08:52 PM
we have used ak flush before from FSW quite easy lots of ofn needed tho

How about what I`m looking at doing, after flushing with a cleaner I`ll be using compressed air through a regenerative dessicant dryer and three sets of filters. The two coalescing filters filtering down to 0.01 micron then an activated carbon one to remove any oil vapour. This filtration is regularly use in breathing air applications so I can`t see it being a problem with refrigerants. The idea behind this is the air could be left on as long as it takes to remove any of the flushing agent without the cost of using expensive nitrogen, that only being used for purging and testing.

Aircondmech
16-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Ages ago, i had to re-use copper pipes for an install.
I joined the two indoor pipes together (with old head removed)

Then i used a vessel and filled it with flushing agent. i then used nitrogen to push the cleaning flush through the pipes and caputured the fluid into a clear container. (it was dirty, i kept going till the fluid came out clean)

i would much prefer to replace pipe work