PDA

View Full Version : Training

rob100
28-01-2004, 08:35 PM
I am looking for air conditioning and refrigeration training,i have heard of elite but could someone please tell me who PRTC are and where they are based,also if they know of any other companies.

Peter_1
29-01-2004, 06:50 AM
Where is Fraserburgh located? Near Hamburg, Helsinki, Dublin or NEw York?
Didn't found the relevant information in your profile.
That is important for your question?

rbartlett
29-01-2004, 11:59 AM
it's in scotland

i was going to reply but couldn't be bothered as he couldn't be bothered to introduce himself..

cheers

richard

chemi-cool
29-01-2004, 04:38 PM
good answer richard!!

but I always keep a warm spot in my heart for them. most scots are great people and I have roots there.

mind you, they make the best whisky in the world!

chemi

rob100
29-01-2004, 08:40 PM
Sorry folks,seem to have upset a few people as i am new to this i didn't know you normally introduced yourself,as richard said Fraserburgh is in Scotland,it would be about 30 miles from speyside which is probably our most famous whisky area ie,macallan,glenfidich etc which might be of interest to chemi-cool,anyway any information on my original question would be much appreciated.

rbartlett
29-01-2004, 09:10 PM
personally i prefer the islands for my malt..however i will endeavour to help when less 'merry' on vino..;-)

cheers

richard

Andy
29-01-2004, 10:53 PM
Hi Rob:D
ofcourse you know that the Irish make the best whiskey, with the scot's whiskey a poor substitute, only to be drunk when good Irish malt is un-available.:D :D
Kind Regards. Andy;)

Latte
02-02-2004, 12:32 PM
HI Rob100,
I know i am now speaking with my "mobile" head on. Have you thought of transport refrigeration.
The only reason i say this is because of your'e location in Scotland.
Gray & Adams i think should be near you and they build refrigerated trailers. I assume they dont do a lot of repair work although i am sure they must have a repair shop to go with the assembly plant. Whether they have their own guys doing installs or whether "Carrier" & "TK" come in i don't know but it might be worth a call.
On the down side, transport engineers probably don't earn as much as other refrigeration engineers but trust me from experience it's a very good way to learn the basic's and a very enjoyable job.

Regards

Raymond

rob100
02-02-2004, 08:40 PM
Hi Raymond
Thanks for reply,yes gray and adams are right on my doorstep but do not do any training,the reason i am looking for training is i am an electrician to trade but would like to cross over to air conditioning so would need some proper training company,distance would not be a problem.

Abe
02-02-2004, 10:16 PM
Mishubishi offer training rob
I think the training centre is in Hatfield
Maybe they do a course in Scot

Latte
03-02-2004, 01:02 AM
Hello Rob100,
I have a list of about 60 training companies in the UK offering training. If you want to send me a PM with your'e e-mail address i could send it to you but at a quick glance Scotland is very scarse.

The only one's i can see up your'e way are :-

North Glasgow College Construction Services Dept
www.north-gla.ac.uk

Tullos Training Ltd (Aberdeen)
www.tullostraining.co.uk

Maybe one of these could come up with something you are looking for although i must aggree with Aiyub. Mitsi training courses are very good and specific to a/c, i know they hold them at their Hatfield head office try their website www.mitsubishi.co.uk

Good Luck

Raymond

WebRam
03-02-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by chemi-cool
good answer richard!!

but I always keep a warm spot in my heart for them. most scots are great people and I have roots there.

mind you, they make the best whisky in the world!

chemi

They also own and run this web site :p

chemi-cool
04-02-2004, 10:26 AM
thanks for the support WEBRAM.

chemi

iceman007
08-02-2004, 01:55 AM
Hello Rob 100

PTRC is the Practical Rfrigeration Training Centre, based in Burnley Lancashire. They are able to offer various courses with a practical emphasis in varous elements of refrigeration and some a/c. It would be helpful to know a bit more regarding your experience and what you wish to gain from the training.

connor
01-09-2008, 07:13 AM
hello rdocwra
just looked at your reply about Air Conditioning & Refrigeration would you be able to send me the list of companies
you have. thank you

fridge doctor
05-09-2008, 07:26 PM
GLENFIDDICH... two DD's and this retort from a sassenach of all people !!