PDA

View Full Version : A few quick questions

airflo
04-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Hello,

Does anyone know where i can buy a in line vacustat? possibly online?

Also i'm looking for a checklist for an annual domestic air con maintenance/service.......you know like a page that i can print off and give to techs that has a list of things they must do whilst onsite and check them off 1 at a time, and write in and neccessary info etc etc

Can anyone help me out?

Cheers,
airflo

fridge doctor
04-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi airflo,

Regarding part 2 of your Q. I hate to state the obvious, but if you know what you are doing around an AC unit, then surely you are best placed to instigate a formula for what you want done by others. We all have priorities and hopefully most of them coincide. Just do your own thing ...

icecube51
04-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Yo airflo,

first of all, make your client happy, then he pays faster.
second, go on site yourself and make a list of things wat you are doing,in good order and hand them out to the technicians,then they can not blame you for let them do things you didn't do.
makes you stand stronger.

in addition you can time the job, and tel them you did a nice job on a specific time.;)

:cool: Ice

airflo
06-09-2008, 01:35 AM
Thanks for your responses i came up with a service call sheet and i will post it up here shortly for all your guys to critique...........and see if there is anything i should add or remove........

Anyone know where i can get the vacustat?

Brian_UK
06-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Vacustat, Do you mean one of these...

http://www.piab.com/Templates/WebBase/Datasheet.aspx?id=6998

Click back to the home page and then contacts, it has the UK agent there.

icecube51
06-09-2008, 09:05 PM
cant wait to see the out come. :)

Ice

airflo
07-09-2008, 12:43 AM
Sorry i mean a vacustat that measures the vacuum you have pulled in a system?

So you know when you have achieved sufficient vacuum.

but thanks anyway

The Viking
07-09-2008, 01:25 AM
Aha, another quirk of the English language across the globe...

You mean a vacuum gauge!

Like THESE (http://www.cpsproducts.com/site/ProductsHTML/ElGgsMeters.html) ones...

Again, if you click on the contact tab you will see that they got a rep down on your side as well.

Brian_UK
07-09-2008, 11:34 PM
That's the babies Viking, I've got a VG100 and it has worked without problem for a good 11 years now.

Mind you, I didn't know that it was called a vacrometer - impressive name that ;)

paul_h
09-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah I remember the old analogue versions at TAFE being called vacustats.
airflo, the best bet is to hit up US shops or ebay sellers that are willing to ship to australia for a digital vacuum gauge.
I got my Supco VG64 delivered for au$150, there's nothing available in australia for under $300 I think.
The US is cheaper for everything, unfortunately we can't use it due to different voltages etc.
A digital vacuum gauage is one thing we can however use, so take advantage of that fact and save a lot of money, may as well buy a cheap fluke multimeter and any other battery operated equipment while you're at it!

expat
09-09-2008, 06:18 PM
I got my Supco VG64 delivered for au$150

Not being facetious, but what will you do if you have a warranty problem Paul?

paul_h
11-09-2008, 07:05 PM
I took the risk. It was a popular brand model that didn't seem to have a bad rep for reliability so it was worth the gmable. Then again, even if it did stuff up, I could buy another one and still be paying less than what one costs here.
I wouldn't buy no name brands without a warranty, but tools used by thousands in the industry, without a bad reputation for reliability under half the price seemed to be worth the risk.