PDA

View Full Version : Dorin Compressor re-gas amount

desserts
03-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Hi.
I am trying to find out what gas & how much, & which gas to have my old compressor (in a soft serve ice cream machine) re-gassed.
The manufacturer of the machine have been less than helpful.
It is a DORIN:- T100S-M R12
Any advice on how much or where to look would be appreciated.

Brian_UK
03-09-2008, 07:44 PM
How much is a tricky question.

Which gas? have a look at the expansion valve, it should have a label on it. Although, to be honest, you have already answered that question with your compressor information. You'll have to find an alternative refrigerant for it.

A capable technician should be able to answer those questions for you when he recommissions it.

desserts
03-09-2008, 07:55 PM
He has suggested r406a but he said that the system has a "critical charge?" & he did not know exactly how much to put in as to much, or too little will effect the freezing capabilities.

Grizzly
03-09-2008, 10:01 PM
desserts.
You say the manufacturer of the machine is unhelpful.
How about letting us know what the machine is, because we are all about helping.
If anyone has any info.
I am sure they will help!
Grizzly

desserts
04-09-2008, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the replies.
The machine is a Carpigiani Superbareco 1AP & all the information I can find on the machine & compressor is listed below.

Ice Cream Machine

Carpigiani Superbareco 1AP

Compressor Information

Dorin
T100S-M R12
HP 1 V 220
A Cos
SUNISO OIL 3G KG 0.7

carpi man
25-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Hi desserts,

Wow this one is from the ark....should have mock wood effect on vinyl sides and weighs a ton!!!
Is an R12 system so you could use a drop in for this FX56 or alike. System requires 550g but if you have the sight glass on here it can be charged to this; but only in the production mode whilst ice cream is in the machine cylinder.

Good luck!