PDA

View Full Version : refrigerated load

luissandoval
02-09-2008, 12:34 AM
hi guys:

I dont know how can i calcute the refrigerated load for a room is not rectangle, i attach the room's drawing. i have i program for selection but my program only calculates rectangle room. please help me.

Toosh
02-09-2008, 01:01 AM
Hi, you can calculate it by making numerous rectangles then add them up

regards Norm

IceMan08
02-09-2008, 01:07 AM
surely that drawings not for one of your own jobs?

US Iceman
02-09-2008, 02:04 AM
This is a good example of why it is important to understand how the calculations work. This example does not fit the parameters of the software, so the software is not entirely useful.

The simplest way to solve this is to break up the areas into individual spaces/areas. Then sum the sub-totals of the individual spaces/areas.

luissandoval
02-09-2008, 05:18 AM
US ICEMAN

thanks a lot, but i have a question for calculate the refrigerated load i need to know the temperature outside the room.
if i broke the area in several rectangles and i'm going to solve one. what temperature should i consider on the side that is inside the room? i think the temperature of the room. is that correct?.....

US Iceman
02-09-2008, 01:59 PM
If one of the walls of the imaginary rectangle is exposed to the inside temperature of the space, the heat load for that wall is zero. The temperature is the same on both sides of the wall.

Don Davis
02-09-2008, 04:20 PM
With a little trial and error you could make an equivalent rectangle with the same total area and the same perimeter. Then, feed these dimensions into the formula.

powell
02-09-2008, 05:03 PM
luissan,

I agree with the others with one exception.

This looks like a large warehouse storage facility. If my conversions are correct, the bottom vertical rectangle is approximately 27ft x 118ft x 29ft with dock doors.

I would run at least two, if not three separate loads: bottom section, top right section and top left section.

If that is dock doors on the bottom section, the air infiltration load will be high compared to the other sections.

If your not comfortable running a load on this box, get some more experienced help. There will be extra load factors to consider ie: fork lifts, people (100), heat producing equipment if applicable, humidity conditions for a working enviroment, dock door factors (air curtains and usage time) etc.

US Iceman
02-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Another point to be aware of is; the cooling capacity will have to be installed in the space to meet the requirements of the separate areas. The areas where the dock doors are located will have a significantly higher load than other areas. Therefore you will find these areas have the greatest concentration of cooling capacity that needs to be installed.

If not, then some areas may be unable to maintain the desired temperatures.

gramcor
02-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi , luissandoval
You want to calculate the refrigeration load ( for coldroom ) or cooling load ( for conditioning area ) ? !4 C deg. means conditioning not refrigerations . Please , send us more informations .
Gramcor

luissandoval
03-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Gramcor:

I want to calculate the refrigeration load for conditioning area.

gramcor
04-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Hi , luissandoval
If you have coldroom , you must calculate only refrigerations load. If you have conditionning , you must calculate cooling load and fresh air change for 100 persons ( about 20 - 40 mc / h per each person.
gramcor

Peter_1
04-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Multiply the U factor of walls and ceiling with the total surface and multiply it with the temperature difference and add the heat load of the products.
That's it. Simply, isn't it.