PDA

View Full Version : replacement evap motor... where from ? / identification ?

knighty
01-09-2008, 01:47 AM
hi

the evap. fan in one of my freezers is running HOT (too hot to touch) so the system is really struggling to pull the room temp down...

this is the information I've copied down from the plate on the motor...

------------------------------------------------------
Brook Crompton Parkinson Motor
C77/KP6345
No. VSB544
TACMF SBN3B300B
1425 rpm
370 watts
3.8 amps
3 phase
Cust Ref: 27130/0041
------------------------------------------------------

I can't find any information about the foot mounts, shaft size, shaft position relative to foot mounts etc... so help me find a replacement motor.... I've already emailed Brook Crompton but they're taking a long time to reply)

does anyone out there have any information / links that could help me ?

thanks

Alan.

monkey spanners
01-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Hi Alan,

What make and model evaporator is it fitted to?

I've found RPW's technical department to be very good at finding replacement fan motors.

Jon

Brian_UK
01-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Knightly, have a look in your local Yellow Pages for "Electric Motor Rewinders".

You may be able to get the motor repairs or they will be able to source a replacement for you.

The 'Frame' size, if shown, is the one that provides all of the dimensions for the motor.

knighty
02-09-2008, 09:47 AM
still no reply to the email i sent them.... but i checked and they have a factory/shop/etc.. not far away from me... I'll pull the identification plate off the motor and pop in to see what they say...

I would get it re-wound, but I'd rather not have to turn the freezer off... it's not running great right now... but it's still works :-)

are "normal" motors ok running at -20'C or are these special ones ?

thanks for the help guys !

thebigcheese
02-09-2008, 09:07 PM
have u got a pic of the motor?

Taaz1275
03-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Any idea what is causingthe motor to heat up, Is it the original specified motor for that freezer unit model or a replacement motor ...If it is the original motor then why is it heating up..is it drawing more Amps..suggets a suggestion into trying to find the cause of why is it heating up...or is it its normal motor running temperature temperature..im sure there should be more info on that motor in regards to the make of the freezer unit model.

knighty
04-09-2008, 01:19 AM
I'll take my camera into work and sort out a picture tomorrow :-)

I'm can't guarantee it, but I'm pretty sure it's the original motor for the evap/fan, it's been running there for a good 6 or so years now...

I'm not a fridgie, but I'm good with my hands and used to working with motors... it's definatly too hot... too hot to touch when it's running in a] freezer at -10'C with a good draught over is it very hot !

Electrocoolman
04-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Have you checked that all 3 phases are present at motor? Is it 2 phaseing?

What about measuring motor diameter...this will give frame size (mm).

Have look at REMCO or SRW.

knighty
05-09-2008, 01:31 AM
here's the photos I took today....

thats a good point... I'll check the phases on Saturday when I have time.... we're rushed off our feet right now I worked from 6am to 11pm today !!!

do the photos help identify it at all ?

edit/p.s. it's a bit iced up there, that was last thing at night (we open thedoor a lot during the day)... it's totaly clear in the morning and the motor is still too hot !

nike123
05-09-2008, 03:52 AM
It looks like that evaporator is wrongly oriented. Motor should suck the air thru evaporator and then blow it in to the room. This motor setup do thing in opposite way.It blows air in to the evaporator.

Regarding the motor replacement. Find replacement by same diameter, same rpm, same number of blades and same angle of blades.

knighty
05-09-2008, 10:14 AM
^^^

the problem is, I don't want to turn the freezer off.. so I need to find one with the same foot mounts, shaft size and shaft position relative to the foot mounts so I can do a quick swap...

I was hopeing someone would be able to identify the motor by the info from the plate so i could go by an identical one ?

Electrocoolman
05-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Hi Knighty, Have you measured the shaft diameter. I reckon it might be 1/2". I think you might get away with a standard 48 frame motor on a cradle mount that is used for prestcold/hubbard condensing units. I think these might be 125w for AS100-300.
Evaporator could be old Searle unit.

For replacement motor you will need
1) Shaft dia
2) Shaft length (can be longer)
3) Shaft - base height
4) Output power
5) Rotation (this can be usually be changed)

Have you looked at those two web sites or contacted them?

Brian_UK
05-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Came across this old message from the RCGroups forum, hopefully the telephone number is the same, but it might be worth trying the direct contact method.

++
> No bulges at all - it is a Brook Crompton Parkinson KP6345 - 370W -
> 220/240V with C77 stamped on the top left corner of the spec plate -

Brook Compton have a very good technical department.

For small motors call 01484 422 150.

Take all the information from the plate including the serial number. ( I now
need to write it down large enough to read at arms length :-) ).

They can trace any motor they ever made, but if it's older than 7 years they
have to dig out the records from an archive, which can take a day or two.

++

fridge doctor
06-09-2008, 10:27 PM
www.remco.co.uk (http://www.remco.co.uk)

They will have what you need, and yes motors in freezer rooms are different, they are normally lubricated with refrigeration oil (so they don't seize up during a defrost).

Trevor

peterburnett
20-11-2008, 10:50 PM
here's the photos I took today....

thats a good point... I'll check the phases on Saturday when I have time.... we're rushed off our feet right now I worked from 6am to 11pm today !!!

do the photos help identify it at all ?

edit/p.s. it's a bit iced up there, that was last thing at night (we open thedoor a lot during the day)... it's totaly clear in the morning and the motor is still too hot !

Its an old Searle Bush evaporator, if you call RPW and ask for a 3 phase fan motor for an ECL 45-120 (1/2" shaft) or for an ECL 180-360 (5/8" shaft). One of those should do the trick.