PDA

View Full Version : Profroid Condensing units

Latte
31-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Evening all,

Has anyone got any information on Profroid condensing units. a collegue has been to a site today and thinks the c/u is too small. If anyone has any info on these i would help and possibly save me a drive out to it

C/U Profroid B9-R0061GCZAC Twin Fan
3 pipe pipe rise to a 25m pipe run to 2 x 1875mm wide mouth Pastorfrigo dairy multidecks

With one indoor running hp is 21 bar, with both on 25bar.

Thanks

Fatboy

Taaz1275
03-09-2008, 10:07 AM
can you please provide more details as to what refrigerant is used, your ambient temperature, plus ur LP in regards to those HP that u mentioned.

Peter_1
03-09-2008, 07:46 PM
I have a lot of experience with Profroid packs and condensers but you're talking about condensing units.
Most of their condensers don't give the capacity the catalog states.
I guess you have to select for a DT of 10K to become 15K.
None of their condensers is Eurovent certified, they know why.
Same happened with the older Friga Bohn (France, now Heatcraft) condensers and evaporators.
I remember that they certified some (!) of their condensers 15 years ago and some units decreased suddenly almost 30% in condensing capacity.
You then could conclude that this could be used for their whole range.

Latte
30-06-2009, 07:52 PM
just gone back to this site as apparently its now comming in on a daily basis.

The c/u is a profroid B9-R0061GCZAC 2006 running R404, Fitted to it are 2 low speed condenser fans model Carrier PFI0302038, Ref 023964, MTV 08M050S457-46

Does anyone have a contact for either profroid or Carrier as when i phoned them today i was told all technical is online now :-(

The condenser fans just not shifting enough heat and as soon as the ambient hits 25c the hp hits 350psi and out on hpco. I was wondering if there is a full speed fan available to fit in place of these low speed ones. I have searched online but cant find any obvious profroid or Carrier help

Regards

Latte

Peter_1
30-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Latte, do you think they will admit their condensers are to small?
All these condensers have the same problem when it's becoming hot.
I should install a small PHE in the discharge and over a given HP, open a SV and allow the water pass over a pressure regulate water valve.

al
30-06-2009, 09:39 PM
latte

just condemned one of these units, compressor size is fine, condenser can't shift the heat, have replaced with a standard hermetique condensing unit. Advice now is esp. on low temp units to lower condensing pressure from factory set point of 18b to 14b, helps compressors last a bit longer!!

al