PDA

View Full Version : Calling everyone with Mitsubishi VRF experience

Contactor
30-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi :D

Just about to start a new Mitsu VRF installation comprising 3 outdoor units, 22 cassettes and 22 lossnay units.

Have only worked with Daikin until now.

Would be grateful for any installation tips specific to Mitsu, particularly: joining of outdoor unit combinations, interconnecting comms wiring, BC box & how much room it needs, centralised controller and commissioning.

If anyone could explain the liquid / gas arrangement in the BC box i'd also be interested, it seems they're doing with 2 pipes what Daikin do with 3.

Also looking to become an approved Mitsubishi installer, presumably this involves paying to go on a course somewhere.

Thanks everyone.:D

wingman
30-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi there :)

Well I have the complete technical reference for all VRF systems from mitsubishi heavy. If you are interested just give me a shout.

There are pages in this reference guide with tips on how to do the piping etc etc.

Kp3
30-08-2008, 09:56 PM
just on with a toshiba 3 pipe system at the mo all going well, if you have the drawing. mit should of done for you just follow that and all should be well

Thermatech
30-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Mitsubishi Electric do a 1 day basic training course for City Multi VRF systems.
After you have done that they will allow you to proceed to the advanced training cource.
Mitsubishi Electric have a City Multi training centre at the european production factory at Livingstone near Edinburgh.

1/ Follow the schematic pipe & wiring diagram provided by Mitsubishi for your project.
2/ Down load the service manual from the Mitsubishi web site & read it through.
3/ Get your self on the 1 day basic training course.

Easy peasy

edwards715
12-09-2008, 09:33 PM
hi, they are pretty easy 2 pips in the back of the bc then they are paird up per indoor, you daisy chain all indoor including th bc box and indervidualy number them on the pcb are you centraly controiling them? mits are pritty good if you ned help,dont forget to pass nitro though the pipes ive herd of peaple loosing all there warrenty not doing that,hope this helps a bit

refaircon
13-09-2008, 08:32 AM
yeah mitsi supply all the schematics you need they are pretty simple to install. i am currently putting 62 indoor units in and a heat pump boiler on 3 bc boxes with 6 condensors. each floor has a bc box and 2 condensors paired together

the bc box is the brains of the operation, just make sure you have good access for servicing. pretty similar to the amount of room round the units that you leave for daikin. also make sure you know which bc port goes to which unit so the rotary switch can be selected accordingly