PDA

View Full Version : Kenmore upright defrosted itself overnight

Lburger71
30-08-2008, 04:11 PM
This morning I went out into my garage to go into the laundry room to put laundry into the washer. I noticed a small puddle of water in front of the freezer. I opened it up and everything has defrosted itself. I called and made an appointment for Sears to come out Wednesday but maybe this is something I could fix myself?

Some details: This is a Sears Kenmore upright freezer model # 253.26452100. Serial # wb61429886. It was one year old this past March. I did not buy the extra warranty on it because I THOUGHT I'd get more than 18 months out of it. What a freaking joke. The freezer is (and has been) set on 4. There are no external panels that show any alarms or anything like that so there was nothing to alert us of this situation. No unusual noises. The freezer is not in a place that is dusty or damp or anything like that. I can hear the freezer running but there is no cold air blowing into the freezer. When I noticed the puddle, the first thing I did was check if the door has been left ajar. It was not. Any thought on this much appreciated. If this is something we can fix ourselves we'd like to do that.

Lisa :confused: