PDA

View Full Version : How To Design An Air Conditioner According To Required Btu

furqan
29-08-2008, 07:47 PM
dear all,

i have calculated passenger bus BTU . i wanted to know what is the procedureof selection of parts like evaporator, condenser and compressor according to required BTU.

Brian_UK
29-08-2008, 10:46 PM
You ask the coil manufacturer to produce a coil to your specifications.

Or

You buy a dedicated bus AC system ;)

icecube51
04-09-2008, 05:53 PM
have you desided how you gone build it in, in the bus i mean. is it a bus for local people, a cind of taxi or a bus for voyaging?
is it to be nice and stylish , or simple and strong ?
are you going to work whit a compressor on the engine ore a stand alone compressor on 12V or 24 V ?

i have designd a tool for myself to make evaps from tubes of 1/4" . because there are no alu finns on the evaps i ad more tube lenght and try to make cross overs.

Ice

urajat
18-09-2008, 11:31 AM
what is the difference between star delta starter and soft starter

Josip
18-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi, urajat :)

what is the difference between star delta starter and soft starter

please, try to search RE forums for your answer... I believe you'll find some good explanation...

Best regards, Josip :)

binuakf
21-09-2008, 06:46 AM
how to calculate tube size for a 48000 btu water cooled condenser

botrous
04-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Dear sir I can give you the key ideas of designing an air conditioning system.

1) calculate the needed capacity (Btu/hr)
2) specify the design tempretures (condensing and evaporating)
3) choose the compressor that gives you the needed capacity for the specified design tempreturs in 2
4)design the condenser using
5)design the evaporator
6)choose the expansion device
7)choose the accessories (filter. . .)

in designing the evaporator take in consideration that the face velocity should not exceed 400 fpm
and in designing the condenser take in consideration that the face velocity should not exceed 800 fpm

How to design the evaporator (manual calculation is very complicated), you can use a software such as USAcoil , the same applies to the condenser.

please note that the evaporator and condenser are heat exchangers affected by the circuiting of the refrigerant in them, feeds have to be specified as well as rows and headers.

Take good care of the refrigerant pressure drop in the coils and of the subcooling and superheating.

Please if you need more info don't hesitate to ask

Best respects and regards