PDA

View Full Version : YORK YAEP recip chiller fault

chiller1
29-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Has anyone ever come accross the following fault on a York Millennium:REPROGRAM TYPE OF REFRIGERANT TO RUN?
The original fault was a current/mp/hp and after checking the hp/mp circuit, the CT, the contactors, and changing the relay board... the Microprocessor board was replaced (swaptronic troubleshooting) and the old EPROM chip was moved to new board. As soon as this was done and unit powered up, the REPROGRAM fault occured. Now even with putting the old board back in it still shows the Reprogram fault.
I'm pulling my hair out on this one.

Grizzly
29-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Has anyone ever come across the following fault on a York Millennium:REPROGRAM TYPE OF REFRIGERANT TO RUN?
The original fault was a current/mp/hp and after checking the hp/mp circuit, the CT, the contactors, and changing the relay board... the Microprocessor board was replaced (swaptronic troubleshooting) and the old EPROM chip was moved to new board. As soon as this was done and unit powered up, the REPROGRAM fault occured. Now even with putting the old board back in it still shows the Reprogram fault.
I'm pulling my hair out on this one.

Welcome chiller1.
We are honoured have a member of the USA. Air force on line!

Basically what has happened is when replacing the board or the eprom.
You need to tell the software what refrigerant is being used , on that particular chiller.
As I think there are possibly 4 different refrigerant options.

Do you know of an York or ex York Engineer? Because you need someone with the relevant access codes.
To reset the relevant software settings lost whilst "powering down" the micro board.
If you don't have access to this info or a suitably trained Engineer.
Then your only option is to call out York (now known as Johnson Controls)!

Cheers Grizzly

chiller1
30-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks Grizzly,
I was afraid it was something like that. unfortunately, although I am stationed out of the UK (Mildenhall) I am currently in Qatar and site access is extremely limited. I will have to see if the crazy people with the money will let me take the board downtown to JCI.

Thanks again for the warm welcome,

Chiller1

Grizzly
31-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks Grizzly,
I was afraid it was something like that. unfortunately, although I am stationed out of the UK (Mildenhall) I am currently in Qatar and site access is extremely limited. I will have to see if the crazy people with the money will let me take the board downtown to JCI.

Thanks again for the warm welcome,

Chiller1

Hi Chiller1.
Your best bet is to speak to your local JCI Guys and between yourselves you should be able to resolve the access issues.
As I doubt they will be able to "reset" just the board remotely, as far as I know it needs to be installed in the chiller.
For ALL The different parameters to be checked and reset.
Let us know how you get on?
Grizzly

al
02-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Chiller

did you get sorted? unit needs to be told gas type, r22 or r407c, once set all other set points are automatically programmed, lp cut out etc.

pm me if you want

al

chiller1
09-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Grizzly,

I talked JCI out of the code and all is now good - thanks for the advise

Chiller1

Grizzly
09-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Grizzly,

I talked JCI out of the code and all is now good - thanks for the advise

Chiller1

Thanks for the update and well done. It's not easy getting info from York oops JCI.
I suspect it is your American Military Connection?
You can knock Americans all you like, but they do respect and treat you guys as One should!
Grizzly
(But then again being ex UK. Services myself I am biased)

chiller1
13-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Chiller

did you get sorted? unit needs to be told gas type, r22 or r407c, once set all other set points are automatically programmed, lp cut out etc.

pm me if you want

al

Thanks Al, I managed to get it sorted once I talked JCI out of the code.

Chiller1

genebryan06
04-06-2010, 10:41 AM
hi, may i know how you reset the error in york chiller? reprogram type of refrigerant? can u pm me pls coz i have thesame trouble too.thank you very much