PDA

View Full Version : OFN

Mark
19-01-2004, 07:01 PM
hello all

Would anyone know how much BOC gases charge per cylinder of OFN x size.In pounds sterling.

regards mark:)

chemi-cool
19-01-2004, 07:16 PM
hi mark,

what OFN stands for?

thanks

chemi

Mark
19-01-2004, 07:23 PM
hi chemi:)

oxygen free nitrogen.

mark

chemi-cool
19-01-2004, 07:27 PM
thanks,

why dont you ask BOC?

chemi

Mark
19-01-2004, 07:32 PM
There depot is closed at the moment chemi, and i need the info as soon as i can.I was just wondering whether anyone on line knew.If not ill ring the local depot tomorrow.
thats all.
kind regards
mark:)

baker
20-01-2004, 07:57 AM
On the subject of OFN, in Australia they are about to change the bottle threads for N2 and AIr. At the moment you can use the same regulator on bottles of O2, Air and N2. Soon, cylinders of Air and N2 will come with different threads, which means I will have to do something about my regulator when I next exchange bottles.

Apparently this is a result of someone in a hospital connecting a N2 bottle up to a O2 supply.

What is the situation in the UK and US?

Bones
20-01-2004, 10:08 AM
obviously no safety pressure regulator fitted? hmmm.... another workcover screwup now, this country is taking another step backwards, "look or ask if your not sure".

you know if i'm driving home and i hit drunk who is doing something stupid the driver is the one who takes all responsibility now... how do these laws get passed?

people will never learn anything if they live their life in a cotton wool padded box... (or should i say a money filled padded box). for every reaction there is an equal and opposite reaction, now its about time that reaction bit the person who is responsible on the bum, rather then finding someone else to blame. i might start calling them the handout generation lol...

Andy
20-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Hi:)
the differenr treads are a good idea. Recently a firm from Broxburn in Scotland was fined, the service manager used a new supplier for OFN, with different colour codes. He sent an engineer to site to pressure test a job with O2, the guy blew himself up, injuring himself quite badly. I think the compant in question was fined £40K for the trouble.
Definative colour codes and different treads would have saved this worker at lot of pain:( :(
Regards. Andy.

condenseddave
21-01-2004, 04:33 AM
Hi Andy.

Seems like every couple of years you hear of another leak tester winning a Darwin award.:rolleyes:

Too bad this guy was an unwitting victim.

When will people ever learn?:confused: