PDA

View Full Version : Antique equipment

Peter_1
19-01-2004, 12:56 PM
An old Danfoss TEV

Peter_1
19-01-2004, 12:59 PM
An old Teddington in line TEV. A fine concept, fits almost in any place.

Peter_1
19-01-2004, 01:02 PM
Teddington

Brian_UK
20-01-2004, 11:42 PM
Peter, not exactly a 'part' but a couple of years ago I had to degas an old fridge for disposal.

The compressor looked like a cooking pot with lid mounted sideways and the original paper tie-on label said the gas was R6.

Well that threw me unlike I checked the old books and discovered an early name for R12; I still don't know when they doubled the number !!

Peter_1
21-01-2004, 08:04 AM
Pitty you throw it away or didn't took a picture of it.

Bones
21-01-2004, 11:34 AM
we got an old fridge going at work... my boss said it was one of the origional type ones someone wanted him to throw away 25 years ago cause it stopped working when he was an apprentice.

its a westinghouse, and got square edges apparently this one pre-dates even the old rounded type ones... inside is lined with ceramic or porcelean looks like an old school oven inside with the evap horseshoe shaped in middle at the top, complete with the origional alluminum drip tray hehe.

the comp is still origional, well everything is origional... sept we installed a thermo to cycle the old fella. he keeps our beer cool now and thats all that matters. i'll get some pics just gotta borrow a digi camera.

PS. it had a leak on the suction line in an easily accessable place so we fixed that up recently, its now running on SP34E too.