PDA

View Full Version : fujitsu vrf fault

leegally1983
26-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Can anyone help i have a fujitsu VRF system 5 indoors 1 outdoor, they all controlled of 1 control hard wired, the cassettes are flashing operation and timer one at a time and not doing anything, the control has no faults and the leds in the vrf has no faults they are on r407c appox 5 years old ive tried changing the pcb on the master but it didnt work,
Please HELP

paul_h
26-08-2008, 05:08 PM
No idea with VRF (hardly touched them) but I know a bit about fuji casettes that may help.
Is there a certain number of flashes that op and timer flash each? Is it every second (how many times does it flash before a break), or a fast flash 10 times per second?
Do any of them work in fan only mode?
After reseting the power do any work in fan only mode?
Are any of the drain sumps full of condensate (does the pump work, is the drain clear)
That's all I can think of if there's no comms errors, and no errors displayed by the outdoor LEDs or indoor display.

nike123
31-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Can anyone help i have a fujitsu VRF system 5 indoors 1 outdoor, they all controlled of 1 control hard wired, the cassettes are flashing operation and timer one at a time and not doing anything, the control has no faults and the leds in the vrf has no faults they are on r407c appox 5 years old ive tried changing the pcb on the master but it didnt work,
Please HELP

Give us model numbers for outdoor and indoor units and I will look for error codes.
What is flashing pattern of operation and timer LED's? Describe in duration and number of flashes.
If a power failure occurred, the lamps of operation and timer flash on and off alternately when the power returns.
Does all indoor units have that error?

leegally1983
01-09-2008, 12:01 PM
I havent got the models to hand but they are flashing constantly timer operation alternatley like when they reboot after being turned off, it is like they cant reboot. Ive changed the master PCB but this did nothing. I have even plugged a laptop in there is no faults showing and they run through the laptop but not the control, and yes i have swapped the control.
I feel like im chasing my own arse.

nike123
01-09-2008, 03:48 PM
I havent got the models to hand but they are flashing constantly timer operation alternatley like when they reboot after being turned off, it is like they cant reboot. Ive changed the master PCB but this did nothing. I have even plugged a laptop in there is no faults showing and they run through the laptop but not the control, and yes i have swapped the control.
I feel like im chasing my own arse.

You are not clear here. Does all indoor units signalize same error?

paul_h
01-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Seems to me that he meant that all were flashing the same error.

nike123
01-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Seems to me that he meant that all were flashing the same error.
Than following need to be checked:
Does the indoor and outdoor unit are on separate power supply (separate MCB)?
What is voltage of indoor units power supply?
Does the same error is present on unit when only one of indoor units is supplied from separate power supply and rest of them disconnected from original power supply (try to start that unit with auto run button on indoor unit)?

leegally1983
05-09-2008, 07:23 AM
all the indoors are doing the same fault, there is 2 mcbs feeding 5 cassettes. when you press the button on the cassettes the units run but isnt that a test run button?

leegally1983
05-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Heres what the problem was, Some plank had gone behind our back and fitted a new pcb in to 1 of the cassettes but not set the rotary switches so the cassette thought it was a master unit when there already was 1. I quoted they appox £400 to replace this board a month ago but they must of decided to go else where and they messed it up and now they will get a bigger bill . Sweet justice