PDA

View Full Version : Cold Storage Doors

CHIEF DELPAC
23-08-2008, 10:58 PM
HELLO I am looking for information on the MYCOM AIR CURTAINS preferably from someone who has a mycom air curtain in use. The manager is looking to install this system. Mainly because the forklift drivers can open the door but they CANNOT shut it. The door is in two sections with a strip curtain and it has a high speed open and shut drive
The cold storage is minus 25 C. Any suggestions or actual use of an air curtain would be welcomed.

Thankyou and Goodbye

C. D.

smpsmp45
24-08-2008, 06:09 AM
We would use High speed roll up door for this. Also you can check out the Biddle as well as Jamison doors with new technology

HAROLDMYCOM
16-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Please contact Mayekawa Europe regarding all questions of the thermoshutter.

:)

nh3wizard
16-12-2008, 03:53 PM
I wasnt aware Mycom made air curtains, recently we have installed HCR doors, rather expensive but do a great job.

IceMan_4000
16-12-2008, 04:11 PM
The Thermo Shutter is a great product and I say that not just because I am paid to.

If you tell me were you are located I will get you in touch with your local rep.

Also if there are any local to you most people that have put one in are so impressed we have no problem getting you a tour.

I have tried to attached the PDF we use in Canada to introduce the product but it keeps failing.

Send me a pm or reply here and I will help you out;)

CHIEF DELPAC
17-12-2008, 05:26 PM
IceMan 4000 Thanks for your reply I will attempt to send a pm. C.D.

US Iceman
17-12-2008, 06:05 PM
You might want to check these guys out also. These doors seem to work well form the ones I have seen. Another RE member here has some of these installed also, which I think he likes very well.

http://www.hcrdoors.com/

CHIEF DELPAC
18-12-2008, 02:42 PM
US Iceman Thanks for the link C.D.

CHIEF DELPAC
18-12-2008, 05:37 PM
nh3wizard HCR doors. I am wondering about the operating preformance of these door systems. With regard to air infiltration into cold storage, noise and blown dust. C.D.

US Iceman
18-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Ooops, I did not read down far enough in the thread. nh3wizard is who I was thinking of.:o

nh3wizard
18-12-2008, 07:09 PM
nh3wizard HCR doors. I am wondering about the operating preformance of these door systems. With regard to air infiltration into cold storage, noise and blown dust. C.D.

There is little to none air infiltration as long as they are set up properly from the beginning, noise is minimal, you don't even notice they are there, dust can accumulate if not properly PMed, there are several types of the HCR doors, the ones we have installed are the 3CAV which you can use electric heat or CH (condenser heat) waste heat. We use the CH waste heat. I have the reps contact info if you need it, they will come out and do an energy cost analysis and a written proposal and let you know how much you can save and the various options. HCR is a division of Jamison Doors. They might have a rep in B.C.

CHIEF DELPAC
18-12-2008, 09:19 PM
nh3wizard I went on line to Jamison Doors and found a Jamison rep. about 30 minutes down the road from our plant.Thanks for the info. on the doors. Yours in NH3 C.D.

IceMan_4000
20-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Good luck Chief Delpac

I hope you find the Doors that can solve your problem

I you want to talk more about the Mycom doors come by the office or give me a call and I can come down to site and show you the power point presentation.

Thanks for you intrest

Iceman_4000

Posted some video of the Thermo-Shutter in this thread http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=129383#post129383

nh3wizard
22-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Good luck Chief Delpac

I hope you find the Doors that can solve your problem

I you want to talk more about the Mycom doors come by the office or give me a call and I can come down to site and show you the power point presentation.

Thanks for you intrest

Iceman_4000

Posted some video of the Thermo-Shutter in this thread http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=129383#post129383

Where can we find more information on these type doors? I goggled it but couldn't find anything on Thermo-Shutter.

Most of our facility's are in a faster paced environment, I do not think these doors would last unless the opening speed can be increased.;)

IceMan_4000
22-12-2008, 04:24 PM
nh3wizard

The Mycom Thermo-Shutter can be attached to any Door. That slow door is not the shutter.

Here it is with a fast opening door

CHIEF DELPAC
22-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the links. I will have to look at them tonight as my office computer has a block on it stoppng me from accessing the links. We are shutting down until the 4th of January so I will off line until the New Year. SEASONS GREETINGS TO ALL. C.D.

HAROLDMYCOM
14-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Hi Chief,

How did it work out, did you buy the thermoshutter doors ?

regards,
H

CHIEF DELPAC
06-11-2009, 04:37 PM
H We purchased the Mycom Thermo. Doors. They have been placed at the Cold Storage entrance door. However the electrcal hook up has is not completed. Why? I dont know. Hopefully the units will be in service soon. I will do another post on the doors when they are finally in service. C.D.

CHIEF DELPAC
11-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Up date on the air curtain. The Mycom Thermo doors have been in service since January/10. The air infiltration has been reduced to a small trickle. The frost icebuild up on the ceiling is shrinking.There has been no change in the defrost cycle. C.D.

IceMan_4000
19-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Where can we find more information on these type doors? I goggled it but couldn't find anything on Thermo-Shutter.

Most of our facility's are in a faster paced environment, I do not think these doors would last unless the opening speed can be increased.;)

PM me or give I will get you any info you need.

This is a great vid I just found on Utube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TUUYTqeRaQ

gwapa
28-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Dear Friends
I installed HCR air door in a dock door. The inside temp is -20ºC and outside 35ºC 65% RH.
Before installing the HCR door the refrigerat6693ion sistem was not able to get rid off the ice form the floor. Many accidet with the forklift. After install the HCR door all chenge over . Now is really good6692