PDA

View Full Version : Daikin

aprilia7
21-08-2008, 05:57 PM
I wonder if anyone can help?
I i'm working on a Daikin BYC71FJW1 and the fault code is A3 which i've been told is the float switch.My question is how do i access the drain pump/float swich,i can hear the pump running but i think it may be blocked up or something similar.
Cheers
Paul

The Viking
21-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Oh dear...

You will see a round rubber bung in the driptray, remove this carefully as you will need to refit it later. (keep a bucket underneath as it might be a lot of water coming out.)

After you drained the driptray, remove it completely, clean it and check the float/pump for correct operation.

jedi
21-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Hi Paul

Basically if its a cassette type, you will need to remove the facia grille. You will need to remove the 4no. screw covers in each corner of the facia grille. This will expose the bracket screws. Undo all of these, bearing in mind they wont fall out. Make sure to disconnect the swing blade power connectors etc. and remove the facia grille completely. This should literally take 2-3 minutes. You will then see the rubber bung the previous member was describing. As advised definately have a bucket handy if removing it.

If you need to remove the float switch you will need to remove the entire condensate tray. You will need to move the fan cover and remove the 4no. screws (near the facia grille screws). Then very carefully manipulate the condensate tray until it drops away. Can't stress the care towards this as you do not want to be in the position where you have a cracked condensate tray (been there done that). Hey presto you should see the float switch and lift pump above the location of the drain bung.

We always change the pump and float at the same time due to the effort to gain access.

You will need to disconnect the power leads from the PCB. Obviously any mains should be isolated before doing any of the above.

Hope this helps.