PDA

View Full Version : Frascold broken compressor

hoangdung12
21-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Dear Friends,
I just bought Frascold-semi hermatic compressor with model W60-206Y and installed it in my ice flake maker system.System operated normal about 20h(10h per time). After that I turned off system because power supply was too low(345AC). Then I operated it again after stable power supply. However the compressor only ran about 5 minutes then issued strange noise inside compressor and too vibration. I turned off system and took over compressor to inspect it. The 8th piston is blocked inside cylinder therefore made broken piston pin... (System always have enough oil for operation.) Could you please explain me what happen and how to have countermeasure for this problem?
You can send email direct to me by email address:
hoangdung12@hotmail.com.
Thanks for your support and looking forward

nike123
21-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Maybe liquid flood back or to much oil in system! Why did you changed compressor, what was wrong with old one?
Did you measured amount of oil from old compressor and added that same amount in new compressor?

hoangdung12
22-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Dear Friend,
System operated normal. Don't have liquid flooding back compressor and don't have more oil inside comp. I thought that maybe oil viscosity is not good in high temperature environment. This made piston is blocked inside the cylinder. Could you please advise me what your opinion in this case? Thanks a lot

nike123
23-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Dear Friend,
System operated normal. Don't have liquid flooding back compressor and don't have more oil inside comp. I thought that maybe oil viscosity is not good in high temperature environment. This made piston is blocked inside the cylinder. Could you please advise me what your opinion in this case? Thanks a lot

Please answer what was wrong with old compressor, why did you change it in first place? What oil is in system now?

Did you inspected other cylinders? Are they have any damage, scratches?
If other cylinders are perfect it could be defect in manufacturing of compressor or some of lubricating canals are blocked .

NoNickName
24-08-2008, 06:48 AM
In Frascold Customer Care dept. we are already taking care of this situation. Thanks. I will inform you when I sort it.
It's clear that a low voltage increases the discharge superheating and oil temperature....

Peter_1
24-08-2008, 12:04 PM
This is a compressor with some history before this failure.:confused:
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13435

NoNickName
25-08-2008, 06:54 AM
I hope that's not the same compressor...

Grizzly
25-08-2008, 03:17 PM
I hope that's not the same compressor...

Good luck with this one my friend.
Someone appears to "want the cake and eat it".
(I hope you understand my meaning N.N.N.)
Grizzly,

hoangdung12
27-08-2008, 05:35 AM
Thanks for your attention.
I want to find out main reason that our compressor was hard block inside its cylinder. Because we recognized a lot of opposite things in Frascold instruction to use documents. With the same compressor W serial but they use two different oil and how install correct piston rings as per their documents..
Please refer 2401

unfortunately, I also contact Frascold of custom service department but they have no action.
I though that Frascold should check their technical documents again and sort them again and after that upload them to their website. This support end user very much for easy maintenance.
It's only my opinion. Could you please advise me how to do now?

Best regard
hoangdung12

NoNickName
28-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Rubbish. You are mixing documents intended for use in different situations.
We have "no action"? For doing what?
I already told you to replace the oil and repair the compressor. We also delivered the spare parts for free.
And you didn't buy the original oil from us, so basicly:
1) you mixed the oil
2) you broke the compressor by doing that
3) we gave the parts for free although not our fault or manufacturing defect.
4) you are trying to replace the lubricant with new oil sourced on your market (and by doing that you will damage the compressor once again)

Is there anything else I can do for you?

hoangdung12
29-08-2008, 05:48 AM
Excuse me,NoNickName. I did not mix two documents. So could you please explain me about FTEC 24& FTEC 26 documents? You can check them again on Frascold website.
Maybe I have irritated you and I am so sorry these things.
I only to know what type of oil approval for Compressor W serial at present. 68cSt or 32cSt oil viscosity? And I want to know correct piston ring installation. I think their documents had small mistake typing(position 52&53).Of course, first should insert oil scrapper ring then to compressor ring for piston.
Sorry,I was disturbed you. Thanks for your supports

NoNickName
29-08-2008, 08:44 AM
INFO24 was done for customers using POE with R22. FTEC26 is a document released for calculating the POE characteristics with HFC refrigerants.

W line has got 68cSt.
The compression ring is over, and the scrapper is under.

hoangdung12
01-09-2008, 02:35 AM
Dear NoNickName,
Thanks for your attentions, I learned some useful things from you. Thanks you again. Have nice days

hoangdung12
23-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Dear NoNickName,
Could you please explain me some things about POE viscosity for Frascold compressor?
As FTEC01-01(page 40) then Compressors charged POE oil 32cSt which apply in HCFC& CFC application. And now W compressor line has got POE 68cSt. So Can I use Compressor with POE oil 68cSt for HCFC application(R22-low temperature range)?

Thanks for your support and looking your feedback.

Best regard
HDung

NoNickName
23-09-2008, 09:07 AM
I answered privately, as the same message was also sent by PM.

hoangdung12
24-09-2008, 03:38 AM
Dear NoNickName,
I had your PM. Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,
HD

hendry
26-09-2008, 03:11 AM
mmm ... you seems to have many problems with frascold.

here, many users have forsaken them for reasons!

But, i think it has to do with the installations. [don't blame it to the compressor ...]

check your system installation thoroughly. anything you might have missed ... simple u-trap, proper tap-off etc.

do you exert your compressor beyond its ops. range?

many and many ...

my advice: look beyond the manual; even you might have repaired the failure but your problems are still in the installations.

:)

Peter_1
26-09-2008, 06:23 AM
And you didn't buy the original oil from us, so basicly:
1) you mixed the oil
2) you broke the compressor by doing that
3) we gave the parts for free although not our fault or manufacturing defect.
4) you are trying to replace the lubricant with new oil sourced on your market (and by doing that you will damage the compressor once again)

How do you know he's not using the proper oil and I don't see a direct reason why this should break a compressor.

Hendry has also a point, if you only change the compressor, then chance is great it happens again.

NoNickName
26-09-2008, 07:10 AM
Because it was MO, and the charge was POE.
Later POE was loaded, but with the wrong viscosity.

Grizzly
26-09-2008, 08:23 AM
How do you know he's not using the proper oil and I don't see a direct reason why this should break a compressor.

Hendry has also a point, if you only change the compressor, then chance is great it happens again.

Peter
I feel sorry for NONICKNAME.
His company has bent over backward to help.
If you put Mineral with Most synthetics (in any quantities)
you get a thick goo!
Which at any given time can fly around a system in much the same way as liquid does.
If you have the wrong viscosity or it's floc point is to high for the operating temps of the system. (the temperature at which the oil thickens to a point where it's flow through the system is impeaded).
This "PUDDLED" oil will naturally migrate to the coldest part of a system.
Puddling of the oil can lead to mass return of oil at the suction of the compressor.
Where it will attempt to compress the incompressible oil which will cause a hydraulic failure of the mechanical parts.
Sadly it seems to be a growing trend where the end user can blame either the Manufacturer, Supplier or Engineer.
For a situation created or worsened by themselves.
Yes simply replacing does not cure but as usual that is not just the case in this situation.
Frascold you have done nothing wrong in my opinion!
No I do not work for them or anyone remotely connected with them.
But I do plan to tour Italy next hols!
So maybe NONICKNAME can give some pointers?;)
:off topic:
Grizzly

NoNickName
26-09-2008, 08:28 AM
You're welcome any time. Just PM me.