PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerant Disposal In Canada

JJ_MacD_RMC
19-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Hey All,

I am kind of new to this whole CFC handling deal, and my company is more or less relying on me to figure our whole CFC recovery program out by myself, so I have a few questions. Here is todays:

Is there any companies that will take 3-6 50-lb cylinders at a time for disposal, in the Southern Ontario area of Canada? I have searched high and low on Google and just kept getting sent back to HRAI's RMC program's web site, which yielded minimal results. I do not need the refrigerants back at the end, just my tanks, as the refrigerators I am recovering from are scrapped when I am finished.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

J.J. Mac

The MG Pony
21-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Not really you need to ship it to the place that disposes it, I know RSL takes it if you have one there. Most refrigerant sellers will take reclaimed stuff as well. So look for refrigeration shops and ask them where they dispose of theirs.

JJ_MacD_RMC
22-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks Much.

J.J. Mac

rmsgas
23-08-2008, 06:49 PM
check with Fielding Chemical

essengineer
23-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Hi JJ Mac I am shocked to see the problems of disposal of refrigerant in Canada.I was an enginner there for more years than I care to remember and I always dealt with Eastern Refrigeration in Markham but I know they have a few branches.As a matter of fact I always thought Canada was decades ahead of the UK in recovery and the traetment of ODP's

Cheers Rick

The MG Pony
24-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Most R-12 ends up in the corner of the shop gathering dust hidden behind the spare air filters lol. Majour city easy as pie, rural area in the tank it goes for the next 30 years.

JJ_MacD_RMC
28-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I am not sure that we are behind, I am just new to this and I am building my company's program from the ground up. They used to do it but havn't in about 3 years, and the last guy who did it doesn't work here any more so this forum and my ODP course are pretty much all I have to work with.