PDA

View Full Version : Brandt Apollo Fridge Freezer

samc
19-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi I need some advice, our Brandt Apollo F/Freezer which is only 4 yrs old appx, has developed a fault. The air vents at the bottom of the freezer keep freezing up and filling with ice, when this happens the freezer stops working, all the food turns to mush, the whole of the bottom floor of the freezer is covered in ice.
I have attempted to defrost it on a number of occasions, it then works for a couple of weeks and then the same thing happens again. We have to keep clearing the ice from the bottom floor, during the time in between the appliance also makes loud cracking noises, as if large amounts of ice are breaking away??
Does any of this make sense, because I am at a loss as to what to do next?
Please help, at the moment I am sitting watching all our food defrost on the worktops again, while I attempt to clear the ice yet again!!
Thanks
Sam

tonto33
19-08-2008, 03:11 PM
model number plz

Asa
23-09-2008, 11:59 AM
If your brandt is the cfa361 there is a problem where the drain hole freezes up so the defrost water backs up and refreezes. Eventualy the evaparator becomes clogged with ice reducing the air flow hence your food defrosting. The ice will need to be fully cleared then the drain modified. I usualy use an old thermostat phial which can be wrapped around the defrost heater a few times and then fed down the drain hole. Whenever the unit goes into defrost the hot wire will clear ice from the drain.

samc
13-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi Tonto,

Apologies for the delay in replying: the model no is: CFA311WU, this problem is happening a lot now, the first sign there is anything wrong is when the freezer starts making cracking noises, then either the food starts to defrost or water appears around the base of the freezer. The only way to stop this, is to defrost the freezer completely and then refreeze, that probably lasts for about 2-3 wks. Do you have any ideas? Is something blocked or do we need to call in a professional?
Thanks, Sam