PDA

View Full Version : walk-in cooler

champy22
19-08-2008, 10:17 AM
need help on r-22 walk-in cooler, new tev,compressor low side 70# high side165# will not take anymore refrigerant. low side is cold to touch &sweaty high side is slightly hot. can see refrigerant flashing. please help:confused:

nike123
19-08-2008, 11:09 AM
need help on r-22 walk-in cooler, new tev,compressor low side 70# high side165# will not take anymore refrigerant. low side is cold to touch &sweaty high side is slightly hot. can see refrigerant flashing. please help:confused:

What is evaporator air in and air out temperature when you measured this pressures?
What is condenser type (water,air?)?
What are condenser water/air in and out temperatures?
What are evaporator and total superheat and condenser subcooling readings?
What is discharge pipe temperature?
Why are you changed TEV?
Did you changed factory setting of TEV?

Brian_UK
19-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Is the room down to temperature yet?

Pressures need to be related to temperature to be of any use.

champy22
19-08-2008, 11:43 PM
the cooler never came down in temp. i'm afraid the tev maybe sized wrong. this is an air condenser unit. i will take temps on evaporator&condenser along withpiping temps. thanks brian

wambat
20-08-2008, 02:16 AM
If all who ask for answers to problems associated with the refrigeration portion of a system would give us the following information I believe our answers would be better able to help them so in the future why don't we insist on the following readings
Discharge Pressure
Suction Pressure
Discharge Temperature
Superheat at compressor
Super heat at Evaporator
Sub cooling
Amp Reading
Tonnage(BTU, KW)
Now we have something to work with!

Brian_UK
21-08-2008, 12:03 AM
We keep trying Wambat, but it is a head against brick wall exercise I'm afraid ;)

wambat
21-08-2008, 06:36 AM
We keep trying Wambat, but it is a head against brick wall exercise I'm afraid ;)

Why can't the site post these instructions on the home page and refer the client to them when posting? It seems to me that it would be a win-win situation for us and for the posters. This is a minimum of what they should be checking before asking for help. If the clients were given guidelines I believe we could do a better job in helping them
It's worth a try :D

nike123
21-08-2008, 07:43 AM
Why can't the site post these instructions on the home page and refer the client to them when posting? It seems to me that it would be a win-win situation for us and for the posters. This is a minimum of what they should be checking before asking for help. If the clients were given guidelines I believe we could do a better job in helping them
It's worth a try :D

If posters are able to do thorough survey of system, then many of them probably would have a clue what is wrong with it in first place.;)

Most of the time, after asking question here, they return and do measurements as asked here.

karim
08-03-2011, 06:27 AM
I agree we should have those as email signatures

mikeref
08-03-2011, 09:51 AM
I agree we should have those as email signatures
Yeh Karim, you realise this thread is several years old.., however better late then never... lucky nike123 is still around to see your response:D!!. Good to hear from you.