PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu Split A/C wall unit condensation drain tube

Cool 'and Luke
19-08-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm not familiar with this model and have no service manual. About six months ago the condensation drain tray avoerflowed and leaked down the wall and on to the floor. Upon inspection of the exterior drain tube exit, there was very little water coming out, indicating an obstruction. applying a vacuum using a shop vac got things going again and no problemo until recently. Same problem except this time NO water coming out of drain tube exit. Ran a fish wire as far as possible before elbows prevented further rooting for the obstruction and the shop vac trick didn't work a bit this time. BOne dry that pipe.
I removed the covers and facia from the wall unit and can see where the tube connects to the drain tray but cant get at the hole due to obstruction by electronics, i.e. louver motors, etc. how do I access this so that I may remove the obstruction from the top? Is there a scematic or procedure from a manual that I may follow so that I am not taking apart unecessary components? I also tried from the bottom to blow the obstruction out the top to no avail. Help!

clip prince
19-08-2008, 06:18 AM
It hangs much like a microwave oven, with a wall bracket that swings out from the bottom. BTW I love those things... You may have to unhook the other side of the drain first if it goes through a wall, as the last one I mounted I did the drain last...and it would hold it back. just look underneath. also as the drain comes out of the unit I have seen problems with it not being pitched as it imediately leaves the unit.... Hope it helps.

nike123
19-08-2008, 03:19 PM
What is model no.?

Brian_UK
19-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Instead of using a vacuum on the end of the drain try blowing it back to the unit.

Use as low an air pressure as possible.

Check that the drain pipe runs downhill all the way from the unit drain tray.

The blockage might be due to the nest of a spider, those little fur balls get sticky inside the pipes.

fridge doctor
20-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi, Living in a hot country and with high humidity levels adding to the problem I get this as a service call most days x 3. Many units with problem drainage will operate 95% of the time, but when the conditions are right they simply won't cope.

Problems :
Check that the flexible drain from the unit is not bent too sharply (kinked).
If possible (without risk of damage to the pipe) run a fish wire down the tube starting at the drain tray exit. (usually RH side)
If the filters were dirty and the coil similar, chances are it is a local blockage caused by lack of maintenance.... ie Debris washed down the drain
Locate the final exit if possible and try to ascertain whether ants/beetles/spiders nesting may have caused a problem at that end
Use any or all of :
Steam under pressure
Boiling water
bleach
compressed air
Caustic soda
Sulphuric acid

you should only attempt these methods (very carefully) once you are sure the problem is beyond the drain tray.

Regards,

trevor

sinewave
20-08-2008, 08:44 PM
The latest Fujis are toss for this and to boot you can't access the outlet directly! :mad:

On older units and other manufs you can see and access the outlet (usually on the right hand side of the tray) and hence poke a small 5mm tube down the outlet as far as poss and then blow like fek! ;)

99% this is all that's needed.

Why O why Fuji have decided to make the tray outlet inaccesible I'll nver know! :confused:

wingman
20-08-2008, 09:15 PM
I had a similar problem, with a fuji elec unit. There is was a sort of fungus growing in there .. :eek:

Since then I've started using acttabs (or something like that) whenever I had to do maintenace I threw in a tab in the drain trays. Never had any problems after that

I you want, I can see what brand it is, (never realy checked it though.)

nike123
20-08-2008, 09:26 PM
I you want, I can see what brand it is, (never realy checked it though.)

Rectorseal!
http://www.rectorseal.com/index.php?site_id=1&product_id=182

wingman
20-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Rectorseal!

Yup those ;)

nike123
20-08-2008, 09:44 PM
When I work on drain problem, I usualy use hydraulic gel for sewage pipes (Mr. Muscolo (http://www.scjohnsonwax.bg/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=6368)) and sometimes, when necesary, I mechanically clean pipes with nylon cable puller (http://ke.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008826383427/pdtl/Conduit/1004899871/Cable-Puller.htm).

sinewave
20-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Rectorseal! :eek:

Sound like sumat of Broke Back Mountain! :rolleyes:

Daikin=Overated
20-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Rectorseal! :eek:

Sound like sumat of Broke Back Mountain! :rolleyes:

I was wondering when somebody was going to comment on that lol.

Rectorseal.......A great product for when your pipes full of cr*p.:D

yanatahyana
21-08-2008, 08:55 AM
solution problem for condensation on flexible drain is replace flexible drain with pvc and isolation its. or layering the flexible drain with isolation themaflex or isoplex