PDA

View Full Version : Airwell KL1RCA

Darryl.W
18-08-2008, 05:29 AM
I am having trouble with a Airwell cassette unit, KL12RCA. The unit only accepts the remote control signal for approx 6 presses, if you power down the system for sometime it works again for the 6 presses than fails. Reseting the RC4 does not help, the system shows no faults when in self diagnostic mode.
I have replaced the receiver PCB in the cassete unit with the same result. The system works well in both heating and cooling apart from the remote problem.
The remotes work well controlling another airwell cassette in the same house. Any ideas where to next?

jure
26-08-2008, 06:20 PM
If you have the same unit in the house try to change the PCB on indor unit

paul_h
26-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Anything to interfere with the remote signal?
Some flouro lights and other things interfere with some remotes.
What is different in the room with the problem to the room that doesn't have the problem?
How old is the unit? How long has it worked for without this problem, what have they changed in the room since?
I could be infred speakers, wireless braodcating of hdtv/foxtel to other rooms, ethernet over power or anything.

Darryl.W
26-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks JURE, the other unit is Airwell but a larger model,i have checked its a different pcb controller.

Darryl.W
26-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks Paul, The unit is two yrs old, i have been informed the importer to oz is in recievership and has refused to honour warranty.Its in a entertaiment room but no equipment changes before problem became evident, have checked remote output with camera , all good. As mentioned have already changed reciver pcb with no luck. I was back today and now it wont recive at all when powered up, still no codes, works well in manual mode heat/cool.Looks like i have to try the Storm contol board, but i would like to know what caused the failure before i risk any more new parts?

icecube51
28-08-2008, 07:02 PM
i think its a "disturbance in the force" .

friend of mine installed a remote controlled garage door, those thing the sell for nearly no price, and if he is opening or closing his door, the TV set is changing posts, or his aircon gos out, all stuff like that.
they changed something in the remote and everything is back to normal.

just a tip,

Ice ;)

ps; its a few years now but ,every time he is buying something whit a remote,we laugh about his garage experience.

Darryl.W
28-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Icecube, I know one thing, its disturbing me !!!!! very time wasting for little or no profit!!!!

icecube51
28-08-2008, 11:55 PM
i now i now, but had you tried a universal remote yet??
here in Belgium we have universal remotes for some models,in case the original is no longer available.
if you can get 1 or 2 different models,you can determine if it is on the remote or PCB board that is faulty.

its much cheaper than changing some PCB boards, and comes in handy more than ones.

just try to help,

Ice

Darryl.W
29-08-2008, 05:35 AM
Thanks Icecube, I will definately give it a try. Keep you posted.

Darryl.W
02-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Have decided to order the contoll board, all else has failed, fitting next week.

icecube51
03-09-2008, 03:22 PM
good luck M8,
let us now the outcom.

Ice

Darryl.W
07-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Sucess for now, thanks for all your replies and advice.