PDA

View Full Version : faulty samsung fridge/freezer, help please

djkay
17-08-2008, 09:55 PM
hi everyone

new on the site, got a samsung fridge/freezer, couple of years old (will get the model number tomorrow)

the fridge has decided to pack up all of a sudden, display on, internal light on, but no refrigeration, its warm inside it!

also the freezer seems to be frosting up and its meant to be a frost free one.

can anyone shed any light on whats causing it? and will it be likley that i will be able to repair it myself with little knowledge of fridge/freezers?

cheers lads

taz24
18-08-2008, 11:57 AM
hi everyone

new on the site, got a samsung fridge/freezer, couple of years old (will get the model number tomorrow)

the fridge has decided to pack up all of a sudden, display on, internal light on, but no refrigeration, its warm inside it!

also the freezer seems to be frosting up and its meant to be a frost free one.

can anyone shed any light on whats causing it? and will it be likley that i will be able to repair it myself with little knowledge of fridge/freezers?

cheers lads

Frost free freezers do still ice up somtimes.
It does not mean there is a srious fault with it.

You need to defrost it first.
Turn it off and unplug it at the wall, empty it and jam the door open with a towel. Pack towels around it on the floor because all the ice will melt and turn to water.

Leave it of for a full day and night (24 hours).

After 24 hours clean it inside and out then close the door and plug it in. let it run for a minimum of 4 hours and then see what it is doing.

If it works, run it as normal, it should be ok.
If it does not work it is faulty and needs looking at.
If it does work watch out for it hapening again about 2 weeks to a month later, if it ices up again there is a problem with the auto defrost and my need looking at.

All tha best

taz

djkay
18-08-2008, 06:23 PM
thanks for that taz, will do, ill be switching it off anyway due to the fridge part being faulty

any ideas on the fridge fault?

thanks

taz24
18-08-2008, 08:03 PM
thanks for that taz, will do, ill be switching it off anyway due to the fridge part being faulty

any ideas on the fridge fault?

thanks

The fridge compartment gets it's cold air blown into it through a vent from the freezer. If the freezer is iced up the fridge then suffers because the air can't be pushed into the fridge compartment. Defrost it and it should be fine.

Cheers taz.

tonto33
18-08-2008, 11:33 PM
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14421&highlight=samsung

brianubaldo
19-08-2008, 07:40 AM
The fridge compartment gets it's cold air blown into it through a vent from the freezer. If the freezer is iced up the fridge then suffers because the air can't be pushed into the fridge compartment. Defrost it and it should be fine.

Cheers taz.

depends on the model sir..

if the model starts in RS20 it is a single evaporator..
ref cooling system came from the freezer cooling system..

if the model start in RS21 it is a dual cooling system..
fridge and freezer have individual evaporator..

TAKE NOTE: you dont need to pull down the unit for 24 hours because all samsung side by side ref have a features that you can manually operate the heater if you want to. that is much easier than to pull down the unit 24hours..

when you have problems in blinking in the front panels LED. every LED have a designated parts for self diagnostic.. its a features of the unit to let it find what is the problem of the unit.