PDA

View Full Version : How much should just the Pump cost??

Botbasher
17-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Good Morning,

I have been scanning the Web and cannot find any information that fits my bill, so I am hoping that you might be able to give me the needed input.

I read several posts here on the same topic, so I will try to give all the info in the question, but since I am not totally familiar with the genre, please forgive me if I leave things out!

I just bought a house in the Portland area. It has a Trane XB80 Furnace in place which works great. It has the coil built in for A/C but no pump attached, and seeing how warm it's been up here lately the wife wants A/C!!

Given the existing system, am I wrong in thinking that it would simply be add A/C, run lines, add ***** and cool house?

How much would something like that be expected to cost? The only estimators I can find show the $8-10k range, but I need nothing more than the external pump and for it to be hooked up, right?

Can you folks just give me some kind of general cost window (so I can budget for it) so I can make the house a bit more enjoyable? I'm thinking of something like a Trane xl15i or 16i. The house is 3100sq ft. 2 level (1st & Base) both heated. Furnace in basement. Placement of unit about 25ft away outside. Anything I missed?

Thanks for the time and advice!

Ken