PDA

View Full Version : gas leak error

Jay(ro)
17-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Hello,

I have a Samsung AC, model AQV12VBAN and recently displayed error E554 which means gas leak error.
I have stoped the AC and started it again. Now it works, but it doesn't cool.
My question is if this E554 is just an error or he is really out of gas? When I touch the pipe installation that leads to the outdoor unit its cold.
If it is just an error can I correct this in some manner, because I have to wait long time before someone will come to fix it.

Thank you

superswill
17-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Hello,

I have a Samsung AC, model AQV12VBAN and recently displayed error E554 which means gas leak error.
My question is if this E554 is just an error or he is really out of gas? When I touch the pipe installation that leads to the outdoor unit its cold.
If it is just an error can I correct this in some manner, because I have to wait long time before someone will come to fix it.

Thank you

error codes ae they for a reason.ring a pro

Akram Hamza
17-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Dear,
You have gas leake problem ...you shoud be loacket the leakage and than fix it and Recharged with suefacent refregerant,
Thanks.

Peter_1
17-08-2008, 04:04 PM
...displayed error E554 which means gas leak error.
...When I touch the pipe installation that leads to the outdoor unit its cold.

Why you have to wait a long time before someone comes to fix it?
If the machine is giving an error, then you have to check if this error is really an error.
It's not because it's felling cold that the system is running like it should be.
You have to hook up a manifold and read the right running pressures. Inly this can tell you if you have gas shortage.

Jay(ro)
17-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Why you have to wait a long time before someone comes to fix it?
If the machine is giving an error, then you have to check if this error is really an error.
It's not because it's felling cold that the system is running like it should be.
You have to hook up a manifold and read the right running pressures. Inly this can tell you if you have gas shortage.

Because being summer and all, someone from warranty would take days to come.
Is there anyway to reset the device? I don't have any equipment for AC's, just the device.

Peter_1
17-08-2008, 04:45 PM
If there's a gas shortage, then you can' reset this.

Warranty or not, they have to come to repair the equipment they installed. Did a tirth party installed this?
If we should do this here, then our business shouldn't last very long.