PDA

View Full Version : defrost problem with danfoss (help)

coolhibby1875
17-08-2008, 12:24 AM
can any one help i got a call today to a tesco where there were 9 cases and coldroom systems stuck on defrost for a few hours prior to me arriving.i tried all the obvious stuff switching them all of and on the controllers are all danfoss with a woodley front end. The problem lies with the front end as i disconnected the network from all the cases and they all worked.
The thing is i striped the woodley panel where i was hoping to see a burnt out relay or something but there isnt, there is just a couple of pcb,s and network cables has anyone had this problem and if so how did you fix it?

Grizzly
17-08-2008, 09:19 AM
If you reconnect them 1 at a time would you be able to identify which unit is causing the system to stick in defrost mode.Or is it not that simple??Steve

a/c.king
17-08-2008, 11:02 AM
did u tryed to sut down all units power supply and pot it back after 5 minit and see how it gos
king

tony--1
18-08-2008, 07:49 AM
i would giv the guys at danfoss a ring there very good .

coolhibby1875
18-08-2008, 10:58 PM
the plot thickens although all the cases i have disconnected from the network are working perfect all the other cases and coldrooms are not getting any defrosts now i have over 60 fixtures iced up or starting to ice up what a totall bloody nightmare (manager doing his nut) turns out the woodley panel is goosed phoned danfoss and they say they might get there this week i wish i could get away with telling tesco i might get there this week!

fowlie
18-08-2008, 11:10 PM
if your controllers are akc114b i am sure you can set them to run on their defrost schedule remote from the panel,but you will have to change controllers manually.this might get you out of a hole.

tony--1
19-08-2008, 07:33 AM
get the rest off the network and go around checking defrost schedules are in they should run ok off the network...ps i hate danfoss ..
sry send pm b4 looking on thread.

coolhibby1875
29-08-2008, 07:07 PM
turns out the front end was overloaded with info and getting its self confussed we downloaded all the old alarms and the likes rebouted it and it is now working a treat