I Assume that the model number is
17003/90
I could be wrong
I have seached the web and not had any luck
Also any literature would be most welcome
Thanks

ptsac
16-08-2008, 07:46 PM
The nameplate is I think the evaporator nameplate, the number is the evaporator serial number. The McQuay models around that era were ALR for air cooled and WHR? for water cooled. If this unit is air cooled the model nameplate would be on the unit panel door. McQuay often put a sticker in the control panel with a drawing number, which should be traceable.

ptsac
16-08-2008, 08:01 PM
I seem to recall a unit called the esh 1t. I'm not making it up! How many compressors, air cooled, water cooled, recip two speed compressors,even what site it may jog someones memory.

Lazytrev
16-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi,
Two recip comp. air cooled. croydon.
There is two of them and no literature.

will have a look on the mcquay site to see if they have anything similar

Lazytrev
16-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Forgot to thank you before,
i think i have it now judging by the date of the evap. 1990 i guesstimate it is a 1991 model
Chiller, Reciprocating, ALR 040C through ALR 195C (04/91)
What do ya think ?
Thanks

ptsac
16-08-2008, 08:49 PM
They maybe ALR 155 or 180 I think they would have been sold by Klimatherm ( now owned by London Hermetics). They may well have records if you provide them with site address. Otherwise try AAF as they were also involved if it is Direct Line.

Lazytrev
16-08-2008, 08:58 PM
It is direct line, Excuse my ignorance but who is AAF ?
Why/How are you so Wise?
Thanks ?

ptsac
16-08-2008, 09:09 PM
I have been to this job when they were commissioned. Klimatherm were the distributor for McQuay equipment at the time but were just in the process of ending their franchise. AAF is American Air Filters. They are a sister company of McQuay international and they took over the distribution and service etc of McQuay equipment in the UK. McQuay service are now part of J E Hall or vise versa. If you get no joy contact me. I remember some things about these chillers but it is a long time ago.

Regards
Phil

Lazytrev
16-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks Mate
will do

alan wolf
24-11-2009, 07:07 AM
hello
I have ALS E 178.2 XE ST chillers on a site here in Doha, Qatar with a door mounted Display controller tied to a Carel type Microtech.

Password for user is' 3 ' but how do u access maintenance to reset fault assumed to be excess run hours on pumps. Word 'digit' comes in password screen.

WORKED McQuay 10 years ago but these units newer.

Regards
Alan W