PDA

View Full Version : LABOUR LEVELS REQUIRED TO DO THE JOB WITHOUT CITTING CORNERS

JOHN BONNER
17-04-2001, 08:18 PM
I WORK IN THE SUPERMARKET SIDE OF THE JOB AND AM WONDERING HOW COMPANIES WORK OUT THE NUMBER OF ENGINNERS REQUIRED TO COVER THE CONTRACTS/SITES THEY HAVE.
THE ENVIROMENT IN WHICH I WORK INVOLVES BOTH SERVICE CALLS,STANDBY AND PLANNED MAINTENACES.
OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS THE NUMBER OF ENGINNEERS HAS BEEN CUT BY AT LEAST 25% AND SOME MORE SITES ADDED.
IT BAFFLES ME WHEN THEY EXPECT THE SAME LEVEL OF SERVICE WITH LESS ENGINEERS AND MORE SITES.
TO GO WITH THIS THEY MOAN CONSTANTLY ABOUT PARTS/GAS BUDGETS AND LESS FIRST FIX BEING DONE .
WE ARE ON SALARY AND ARE DOING ABOUT 45-50 HRS A WEEK ,AND I THINK THEY GET THEIR POUND OF FLESH.
TO ADD TO THIS WE HAVE MORE MANAGERS THAN EVER BEORE AND DAMED PAPERWORK TO GO WITH IT.
IS IT A CASE SEE HOW MANY THEY CAN PILE ON UNTIL IT ALL FALLS ON ITS ARSE.
WHEN EVERY YEAR THE SUPERMARKETS SEE THEIR PROFITS GROW AND GROW.

herefishy
15-02-2002, 03:28 PM
It sounds like a bad business plan.

I've worked for the shop that paid salary and worked ya' 60 hours a week, constantly increasing the customer base without any regard to company resources. Eventual the overload resulted in customer dissatisfaction, and of course the owner was engaged in improper business/accounting practices, anyway. That fellow is no longer in business.

It's s red flag to me.