PDA

View Full Version : chiller problem.....

sebastianhibber
13-08-2008, 09:11 PM
ok, so i turn up, the chiller room is 3 foot deep water, the fan exausts have ivy in them, the fans dont turn....... etc etc.
i have conquered the nature / water issue, and it all (sort of) works.
its a heat pump by the way, and has no real makers marks. it fund 12 ahu / fan coils in a ventilation system

Heres my problem.
There is no restart delay timer. is this an issue?
There is no defrost circuit? problem?

All there is is two johnson starley A27A set point thermostats. is this sufficient?

The system is pure water. do i need glycol?

wilks
13-08-2008, 11:01 PM
if its a chiiler your talking about it doesnt have a defrost but should have a frost stat fitted to protect the evap from freezing or even bursting , You add glycol as a anti freeze again to stop water freezing in winter so it depends on where your chiller is located and what your application , hope this helps

wilks
13-08-2008, 11:04 PM
ps i'd always have a restart timer fitted , to protect the compressor from satarting against high head pressure

sebastianhibber
13-08-2008, 11:12 PM
what should my flow temperature be? ie what should my setpoint be?
it currently seems to run at -10 deg C????

wilks
13-08-2008, 11:22 PM
your flow temp ( of water ) should be around 10oc , if your measuring water temp then that must be nearly all glycol for it not to freeze at -10 , think it shoul only be around 5 to 10 % glycol , have you got a refractometer ? this would measure the level of glycol in the water , sounds like your stat is set wrong or its broken mate ,

wilks
13-08-2008, 11:25 PM
are you sure that your measuring the flow water temp ?? not sure how it can be -10 0c without being full of glycol ? but i carnt see anybody being soft enough to do that ?

sebastianhibber
13-08-2008, 11:42 PM
That will be why the flow started to drop off then. ice. the set point was at -5 so it ran slightly below, then the flow fell off. I havent tested the water but it seems fairly 'dosed'.....

sebastianhibber
14-08-2008, 12:00 AM
is 10 deg c low enough? that seems a little high - i usualy do refrig/ac so im a bit out of my depth here..... (as you can tell)

nike123
14-08-2008, 09:25 AM
AHU units and fan-coils for AC should be fed with 7°C supply and 12°C return temperature. That mean that flow should be actuated to achieve 5K dT. Antifreeze alarm thermostat should be set to 4-5°C. Glycol or antifreeze is not necessary if system is not in standstill during winter and outdoor temperatures are not below 0°C
If you have HST mono phase compressor or three phase one, then you need to check that it doesnt start more then 10 times in one hour at peak load. If that is more often, then you need to install restart timer. Also, that chiller should have flow switch.

There is no defrost in chillers during cooling or, in water source heat pump in heating. If you encounter freezing of refrigerant/water heat exchanger, you will surely end up with major catastrophe. On the other hand, air/water heat pump type chiller should have hot gas defrosting of refrigerant/air heat exchanger.

N.Lewis
14-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Sorry guys, completely off subject here, just wondering seb where you went to colege, just that i went with a guy of same name wondering if its you or not.:)

sebastianhibber
15-08-2008, 12:50 AM
no. not me

olatunji
17-08-2008, 10:38 AM
the chiller always shut down and display remote run contact is open what can i do

olatunji
17-08-2008, 10:42 AM
the comppressor no 2 also shut with with low sunction pressure

nike123
17-08-2008, 12:43 PM
the chiller always shut down and display remote run contact is open what can i do

Your question doesn't make any sense without some intro about error, make, model etc... We are not mind readers or wizards.:rolleyes:

Also, you hijacked this thread. Start your own thread.:eek:

Maybe some self introduction in this forum community would also be nice.

Akram Hamza
09-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Thanks alot nike.....

icecube51
09-09-2008, 08:14 PM
O....F****K ,just dropped mi crystal Ball.

but on the first question, wat coused the leak on the chiller ??

:eek: Ice

acdoc
17-09-2008, 01:59 AM
you probably have a low evaporator temp low superheat temp or a prob with your evap temp control