PDA

View Full Version : Where can i buy a training rig

marc5180
13-08-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm looking to buy some sort of training rig like they use at college. It's something i have been after for a while but i can't seem to find one anywhere. I have looked on ebay but only seem to find a condensing unit with a huge seperate evap.
If possible id like one where the condensor, evap , expansion device and compressor are all together, so i can take apart, instigate faults etc.
Does anyone know where i could get one from?

Brian_UK
13-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Surely Marc the best thing to do is to build one yourself.

Have a look at some of the schematics for refrigeration systems with all the different pressure control devices and enjoy the construction.

If you include lots of extra isolating or control valves you would be able to simulate unusual situations and see/cure the results.

marc5180
13-08-2008, 06:58 PM
I wouldn't know where to start, though or i would definatly love to try that, do you want to build one for me?:D:D

The MG Pony
13-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Just do it like you where making a walk in and add all the bells and whisles.

Make it on a sturdy yet portable frameor just get a window A/C add on a bunch of stuff and then let em at it!

marc5180
13-08-2008, 08:01 PM
I have never designed nor built any type of rig, wether it be a walk in or any other type. i think it would be a great project but i honestly wouldn't know where to start.

superswill
13-08-2008, 08:04 PM
I have never designed nor built any type of rig, wether it be a walk in or any other type. i think it would be a great project but i honestly wouldn't know where to start.

i have an old window rattler if you are up for modding that

marc5180
13-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Ideally i would like something that uses a Txv so that i can play about with it and watch what effect it has on the system. Would it be possible to change a capillary for a TXV or would it mean installing a liquid receiver as well?

nike123
13-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Would it be possible to change a capillary for a TXV
Yes it would!

or would it mean installing a liquid receiver as well?
No, it is not necessary to install liquid receiver.

taz24
13-08-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm looking to buy some sort of training rig like they use at college. It's something i have been after for a while but i can't seem to find one anywhere. I have looked on ebay but only seem to find a condensing unit with a huge seperate evap.
If possible id like one where the condensor, evap , expansion device and compressor are all together, so i can take apart, instigate faults etc.
Does anyone know where i could get one from?

Hi Marc.

The rigs that are used in college's are individually made by the staff or higher level students individualy.
There is nothing special about most of the systems, they are just off the shelf units and evaps that are just matched together. I have seen advanced units with special valves, restrictors and electrics so faults can be setup for faultfinding.

If you want any advice then PM me and I will see what I can do.

Cheers taz.

Peter_1
14-08-2008, 06:28 AM
I gave some weeks ago this website to our director and proposed him that the students which following the 1 year practical evening courses should make this setup
www.gunt.de/networks/gunt/sites/s1/mmcontent/produktbilder/06140500/Datenblatt/06140500%202.pdf or http://www.gunt.de/static/s3465_1.php?p1=&p2=&pN=#
I proposed to feed an evaporator with 3 capillaries (right length, too long, too short) and 3 TEV's (one normal, one wit orifcie far too small and one broken) and 1 EEV
Compressor with VFD.
Temperature and pressure sensors and connected to a computer wit a cheap SCADA on it.
They're considering it.

marc5180
14-08-2008, 07:14 AM
I gave some weeks ago this website to our director and proposed him that the students which following the 1 year practical evening courses should make this setup
www.gunt.de/networks/gunt/sites/s1/mmcontent/produktbilder/06140500/Datenblatt/06140500%202.pdf or http://www.gunt.de/static/s3465_1.php?p1=&p2=&pN=#
I proposed to feed an evaporator with 3 capillaries (right length, too long, too short) and 3 TEV's (one normal, one wit orifcie far too small and one broken) and 1 EEV
Compressor with VFD.
Temperature and pressure sensors and connected to a computer wit a cheap SCADA on it.
They're considering it.

Thats something that i would like to have a go at Peter although i imagine the costs would be very expensive for me to build something like that. Maybe that could be a project for me though.
Thanks