PDA

View Full Version : What would you guys do?

Andy AC
12-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Hello guys, I've got a customer that has an old staycold upright double door display chiller. Compressor has gone-not pumping. Had a look round the system, the comp is a danfoss fr11 r134a, not original. I looked at the data plate and the charge weight was for R12, so its very old. I do not have a clue as to which gas it has in it at the moment, nobody has written the gas type on it anywhere.
I have nearly talked him into spending on a new cabinet but when he found out the modern day equivalent was £1100+ he was less than impressed.
What I need to decide, if he wants to go ahead with the repair, is whether to get the R12 version of the comp and fill it with fx56 or get the r134a version and sick with r134a.
What would you guys do?

Andy

Peter_1
12-08-2008, 09:55 PM
capillary or TEV?
Anyhow, if you tell your customer that within 1.5 year you no longer will find FX56, then that's his decission to let it repair
If it's capillary and you want to convert it to R134a, the ther must be cut of a piec eof the capillary.

monkey spanners
12-08-2008, 10:18 PM
R134a compressor and R413A (R49) would be my choice if he wouldn't go for a new chiller.