PDA

View Full Version : Coincidence?

slingblade
11-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Has anyone read the article on page 27 summer 2008 service engineer magazine about calibrating gauges at altitude.
Im sure i read a very very very similar article a few years ago and am pretty sure it was written by Glenn Moore the danfoss technical guy.
Does anyone else remember this?

multisync
11-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Has anyone read the article on page 27 summer 2008 service engineer magazine about calibrating gauges at altitude.
Im sure i read a very very very similar article a few years ago and am pretty sure it was written by Glenn Moore the danfoss technical guy.
Does anyone else remember this?

Not having seen either this is a bit like Lord Percy describing the Spanish Infanta's blueness of her eyes..

Percy: You know, they do say that the Infanta's eyes are more beautiful than the famous Stone of Galveston.
Edmund: Mm! ... What?
Percy: The famous Stone of Galveston, My Lord
Edmund: And what's that, exactly?
Percy: Well, it's a famous blue stone, and it comes (points dramatically) from Galveston.
Edmund: I see. And what about it?
Percy: Well, My Lord, the Infanta's eyes are bluer than it, for a start.
Edmund: I see. And have you ever seen this stone?
Percy: (nods) No, not as such, My Lord, but I know a couple of people who have, and they say it's very, very blue indeed.
Edmund: And have these people seen the Infanta's eyes?
Percy: No, I shouldn't think so, My Lord.
Edmund: And neither have you, presumably.
Percy: No, My Lord.
Edmund: So, what you're telling me, Percy, is that something you have never seen is slightly less blue than something else you have never seen. Percy: (finally begins to grasp) Yes, My Lord.

Why not link both and we can all compare??

Multisync
London

slingblade
11-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Sorry, done a google on rac mag. and emap the company that publishes it and found nothing to link to. ie there is no online mag. past or present as far as i can tell.
The current one is on most trade counters, and if you have read the old article when you read the new one you will get my drift.
The unique nature of the story jogged my memory.

eggs
11-08-2008, 11:06 PM
:o I reckon Sligblade has a crush and was once stood up by his dreamboat :o

Quit the riddles (http://fridgetech.com/articles/acrnews/altitude/)

Do you two have history? ;)

Eggs

slingblade
12-08-2008, 12:20 AM
I swear this is 100% genuine, i read the marco version today and it was tactfully identical to one i read a few years ago in sev. eng. mag.
I was sure it was before marco's time when the danfoss bloke was doing a service tips/stories piece.
I cant believe it's just me that has read both articles, maybe it was marco the first time round, but why do the same piece twice?

Im 80% sure it was glenn moore, and remember thinking that given ben nevis is about the tallest thing in the uk and ive never been there i would never have to recalibrate for adverse atmospheric gauge related issues.

And Eggs, no i do not have a thing for him. i am happily hetrosexual.:D

750 Valve
12-08-2008, 09:23 AM
I have a thing for him, its leather, about size 10, has a steel toe cap and would quite happily reside where he thinks the sun shines out of...

Karl Hofmann
12-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Sling, You've got to back off the metal polish, man.... He's gone, he can't hurt you no more...:D

multisync
12-08-2008, 06:45 PM
I shall certainly bear the advice in mind next time I'm working in Mount Pleasant Sorting Office!!
(London Joke)

Apart from that-
Always good to see guy's acting tough whilst hiding behind their computer..Go on Valve you tell Marco(?) how tough you are:D

Multisync
London

knight rider
12-08-2008, 09:28 PM
after reading the article on page 27 summer 2008 service engineer magazine about calibrating gauges at altitude.
would i be wrong in thinking maybe the plant in question was under sized rather then just gauges out off calibration ,
also you would have thought the engineers in south african would be upto speed with calibrating guages at allituded

Toosh
12-08-2008, 09:52 PM
I shall certainly bear the advice in mind next time I'm working in Mount Pleasant Sorting Office!!
(London Joke)

Apart from that-
Always good to see guy's acting tough whilst hiding behind their computer..Go on Valve you tell Marco(?) how tough you are:D

Multisync
London

Hi Multi,If you knew the guy they are talking about you would change yout tune he was an arrogant ****hole who knew all, he was kicked off this site because of his attitude to other members

regards Norm

750 Valve
13-08-2008, 01:54 PM
multisync - not repeating anything i didn't tell the git when was around this place, I take it you and he are mates...

Go on Valve you tell Marco(?) how tough you are:D

I'm rock solid.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t311/750valve/Misc/MrT.jpg

US Iceman
13-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Let's not get too carried away with voicing opinions on outside parties shall we. This is a public forum afterall....;)

multisync
13-08-2008, 05:24 PM
multisync - not repeating anything i didn't tell the git when was around this place, I take it you and he are mates...

I'm rock solid.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t311/750valve/Misc/MrT.jpg

Firstly nope I'm not 'mates' and this all happened before my time..

I see you're a lover not a fighter - good luck with that

Multisync
London

chillin out
13-08-2008, 05:49 PM
@Multisync, is there a reason you are going off on one about somebody you claim not to know?
Even after a mod has already said not to talk about people who are not on this site.

Chill out guys, we all know the story so lets drop it there please.

Chillin:):)

slingblade
14-08-2008, 12:13 AM
LOL. Keep on topic guys, the last thing i want is more online slanging matches (believe me i had a lot). lets try to remember the original question, as to who remembers the article i think "he" may have ripped off in the first place. I cant be the only engineer who read the original one, its so odd it sticks in mind.

and, knight rider, when i read the first one i thought the plant was either undersized or so borderline as to cause problems. But we all know salesmen can price jobs to get them, rather than to meet the customers needs. then we pick up the pieces down the line.:)

multisync
14-08-2008, 06:20 AM
It sounds made up from a school discussion on super heat

Multisync
London

750 Valve
20-08-2008, 01:35 PM
I see you're a lover not a fighter - good luck with that

yeah been loving for a few years now, haven't come for air to fight :D