PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba compressor inverter?

davegadgeteer
11-08-2008, 03:43 AM
I just received a Toyo dual minisplit system (TA-12x2C(H)S/IB) and am puzzled.

The two compressors are Toshiba PA108X1C-3FZDU, labeled 208-230VAC 60Hz.

The controller circuit board doesn't seem to have anything more than the usual logic and solid state relays that would turn the compressors on and off.

Where is the DC inverter stuff done--is it hidden inside the compressor??

It would need a lot more circuitry than I can see to produce the needed kilowatts of variable frequency AC to run the compressor.

Also, the outdoor unit arrived with a lot of oil covering the compressors, driers, internal wiring; but not on the heat exchanger fins. At first I thought there must be a catastrophic leak, due to shipping damage or vibration or something, but now I'm thinking someone just made a big mess while filling the unit, and didn't clean it up. Is this common? Should I ignore it? What solvents might be safe that could help remove the sticky oil (so dust won't build up in it)? Or should I try ordinary detergents and warm water?

nike123
11-08-2008, 06:01 AM
Dual mini split with 2 compressors, and they are claiming that they are inverters? I think that is some scam in question here.

multisync
11-08-2008, 06:13 AM
I guess you have been sold an old model..Did you get it from Ebay or something?

Multisync
London

nike123
11-08-2008, 07:37 AM
I just received a Toyo dual minisplit system (TA-12x2C(H)S/IB) and am puzzled.

The two compressors are Toshiba PA108X1C-3FZDU, labeled 208-230VAC 60Hz.

The controller circuit board doesn't seem to have anything more than the usual logic and solid state relays that would turn the compressors on and off.

Where is the DC inverter stuff done--is it hidden inside the compressor??

If you have capacitor connected to compressor than it is not inverter compressor.

This (http://www.xpedio.carrier.com/idc/groups/public/documents/techlit/38-40mv-1sm.pdf) is Carrier service manual with same compressor and, guess what, that are not inverter type air conditioners.

davegadgeteer
16-08-2008, 07:46 AM
Thanks, people! Your info clarified the situation a lot! It clearly was not an inverter model.
Turns out I was sent the wrong model, sounds like the vendor (us-china-international.com) will make it right, though it hasn't happened yet. The original wrong unit was also damaged in shipping, apparently, and that is being investigated by UPS.

multisync
16-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Thanks, people! Your info clarified the situation a lot! It clearly was not an inverter model.
Turns out I was sent the wrong model, sounds like the vendor (us-china-international.com) will make it right, though it hasn't happened yet. The original wrong unit was also damaged in shipping, apparently, and that is being investigated by UPS.

Looks like I was right :cool:

Multisync
London