PDA

View Full Version : Home a/c won't shut off

donjahner1
09-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Noticed that my a/c was still running a day after I shut it down. and hermitic compressor and line are all iced up. what would cause this. Thanks.

a/c.king
09-08-2008, 12:37 PM
u might have problem with ur controller or the magnet conntecter its stuck close circit

The Viking
09-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Make and model would, as always, help...

About 8 years ago, Fujitsu had a batch of weak relays that welded their contacts together and gave exactly the same symptoms as you are describing.

donjahner1
09-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Last year the relay located in the condensor housing litterly fell apart and needed replaceing. will check that out.Believe it is Airflo, not sure who make's them. I am at work now and will check when I get home. Thanks.

superswill
09-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Make and model would, as always, help...

About 8 years ago, Fujitsu had a batch of weak relays that welded their contacts together and gave exactly the same symptoms as you are describing.

have changed a number of these,didn't they call them power relays? think i kept my local climate going for months ordering them,mainly on 4 way cassettes

Prince Vaillant
09-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Sounds a bit too simple, have you tried a cold restart ie, switch ot off at the mains and retry?

donjahner1
09-08-2008, 02:45 PM
No, I just noticed a ice about the size of a baseball as I was walking out the door to go to work. I did pull breaker to shut unit down and will restart when i get home. hopefully that does it, but im thinking the relay needs replaceing.

paul_h
11-08-2008, 12:38 PM
have changed a number of these,didn't they call them power relays? think i kept my local climate going for months ordering them,mainly on 4 way cassettes
The 12vDC compressor relay in the outdoor unit on the regular RZCL ducted splits quite often did this too. Cassettes of that vintage would have had the same problem.
Happened on the indoor PCB relay for the wall splits too.