PDA

View Full Version : GE Monogram fridge

fridgedoctor
09-08-2008, 02:51 AM
Hi all,
Has anybody out ther ever worked on the GE Monogram fridge with the Embraco VCC compressor ?

I looked at one the other day and figured more or less that the cpu board was at fault.It was a side by side unit and the display temps were reading lower than what the cabinet actually was,and the evap and condenser fans seemed somewhat slow.

A tech from the local dealer here said something about a blocked drier and wanting more refrigerant.I didn't buy that story based on my observations.Today the homeowner told me that they eventually concluded that it was the board and that they fixed said board.Currently the fridge is working okay according to the homeowner.

I was wondering if anybody could point me in the direction of a service manual and whatever info I would need to service this type of equipment as I am curious to learn more about them.

The fridge in question is a GE Monogram
Model # ZFSB23DNDSS

Thanks in advance.

tonto33
09-08-2008, 02:24 PM
http://www.geappliances.com/

fridgedoctor
09-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the reply but I don't see anything on the site about a service manual.I had already checked this site before coming here that's why I'm now asking.

What I basically want to know is how the mother board controls the unit as well as some resistance values for the thermistors.

Thanks.

akiseng
24-08-2008, 02:23 PM
ihave the same problem with one vcc for kelvinator. i send to embraco for more information about checking the pcb of the compressor or shematics for better result.if i have some news i sent to you

fridgedoctor
29-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Thanks,any info is greatly appreciated.But the problem with mine is the ge cpu board that gives signal to the vcc board.You wouldn't happen to have any info on that would you?
Thanks again.

fridge doctor
06-09-2008, 06:53 PM
You could have chosen a less confusing name chum !

platinumfreeze
10-09-2008, 12:26 AM
The control boards in these new boxes power and regulate componets by DC current. The fans and the speed of the compressor is determined by lowering and raising DC voltage. So fans and compressors my run slower at time and faster other times.