PDA

View Full Version : Looking for any advice or information....

comstocka
08-08-2008, 04:21 PM
My friend and I were wondering if was possible was to cut a fridge of inner-workings and transplant them. We want to make a kegerator but want to make a custom one out of wood. I was thinking about getting an old fridge and taking the motor out and some how fixing the whole set up in side a custom made wooded insulated box. Any ideas ?

icecube51
08-08-2008, 04:31 PM
VERY carefully and lots and lots of ptience;)

did it myself once,and believe me,patience is the key.

Ice

taz24
09-08-2008, 12:39 AM
My friend and I were wondering if was possible was to cut a fridge of inner-workings and transplant them. We want to make a kegerator but want to make a custom one out of wood. I was thinking about getting an old fridge and taking the motor out and some how fixing the whole set up in side a custom made wooded insulated box. Any ideas ?

Kegerator??
Is that something that chills beer kegs??

You can strip a fridge down but if you bend a pipe to far you will either snap it or constrict it, so be very very careful.

It can be done but as icecube says patience is what is needed.

Cheers taz.

kiwireeferman
10-08-2008, 07:01 AM

The single temperature refrigerators built in the late 40's into the 50's were of a design that you could pull apart.
The refrigeration unit was fully assembled, the evaporator box was installed through a hole in the back of the cabinet, then a insulated panel was fitted to cover the hole.

In your case all you would have to do is undo the rear panel and pull the guts out.

icecube51
10-08-2008, 01:02 PM
i remember doing this kind of job whit the camper refrigerators,the absorption units. if the unit was broken you could by a new set and build it in yourself.the system was to cut out the back panel on the place were the evap is situated,and foam it up afterwords when you were done.toke me about 4 hours to do this kind of job. now the have so many promos you just by a new one.:(

Ice

Old Codger
13-08-2008, 08:19 PM
What about finding an apartment size fridge that fits a beer keg and just building a cabinet around it?

OC

nike123
13-08-2008, 08:41 PM

Hot water is alredy invented!:D
Check this site (http://kegman.net/rc.html).

comstocka
14-08-2008, 02:05 AM
we want to make it as small as possible, we are trying to fit it under our bar

fessyone
14-08-2008, 04:22 PM
pls i need ur assistance bcos i am trying to design a new size of machine which could finish within 2to3 hrs but a dry system.

fessyone
14-08-2008, 04:28 PM
also can u send me a refrigeration site 4 futher knowledge

Peter_1
15-08-2008, 08:25 AM
pls i need ur assistance bcos i am trying to design a new size of machine which could finish within 2to3 hrs but a dry system.

Finish what in 2 to 3 hours?
You better start a new thread because you're highjacking this one.