PDA

View Full Version : Business Is Slow :(

PAXFREON
29-12-2003, 07:11 PM
Althought Business is a bit slow right now:(...Iwish everyone happy holidays. I'm hoping this New Year brings opportunity for us all!

Paul :eek:

chemi-cool
29-12-2003, 07:38 PM
Hey Paul.

Why dont you come over here and give me a hand, I can sure use some professional help. There are tons of work.
Summer is coming soon.

A very happy new year.

Chemi

rbartlett
29-12-2003, 11:47 PM
hmm

what's the pay like chemi?

cheers

richard

chemi-cool
30-12-2003, 04:04 PM
hi richard,

I'm known to pay well to good tech's.

how much did you have in mind?

chemi

rbartlett
30-12-2003, 04:11 PM
310,246.99 Israel New Shekels basic plus the 'bits' ...

cheers

richard

chemi-cool
30-12-2003, 04:34 PM
hi richard,

is that for a year?

chemi

rbartlett
30-12-2003, 05:59 PM
wow if you could make it a week all the better..!!

what does the trade usually get there??

cheers

richard

Peter_1
30-12-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by chemi-cool
hi richard,

is that for a year?

chemi

That's almost 57.000 euro. Geez. A well paid technician in Belgium has +/- 30.000 Euro. And then thereafter he has to pay his taxes, insurances....

I once had the idea - and already asked some questions to another poster in a PM - to start a general discussion between all the members. We all do +/- the same job but i think that our wages, social system and so on is very different.

So perhaps a new thread for this?

chemi-cool
30-12-2003, 08:42 PM
hi richard and peter,
what richard did is changing GBP int NIS and you peter did the same with EURO.

it does'nt work like this at all, every country has uts own cost of living and national prodution.

cost of spare parts in the UK is more then in ISRAEL because the tax system is different.

for example 1kg r-22 costs me (vat excluded) 9.5 NIS which is 1.2 GBP and 1.75 EURO.

I know you pay more.

Richard, Im sorry but Ican not pay that much.

about half of that after taxes is very good. being self employd is helping me get there.

but the beer here is nothing compare to good old brittish bitter.

have a great new year!!

chemi

rbartlett
30-12-2003, 09:22 PM
i pitched it high to see what the level is there (and to go to one of the most dangerous countries you would need a big incentive ;-)
years ago I worked for Carrier service and to get someone to go to beruit the senior tech was offered 3x his hourly rate 24 hrs a day from the moment he stepped on the plane till he got back..

however-

the 'average' guy here will get 20-30k (£) per year

plus overtime and 'bits' (phone clothes holiday 20-25 days etc etc)

look at the jobs section...

our cost of living is one of the highest in the world but free health care and social security helps

it would be interesting to do a 'round the world' paycheck i will reply with the british one to the new thread you started (unless someone else gets there first....;-)
cheers

richard

Peter_1
31-12-2003, 12:58 PM
hi richard and peter,
what richard did is changing GBP int NIS and you peter did the same with EURO.

it does'nt work like this at all, every country has uts own cost of living and national prodution.

cost of spare parts in the UK is more then in ISRAEL because the tax system is different.

for example 1kg r-22 costs me (vat excluded) 9.5 NIS which is 1.2 GBP and 1.75 EURO.

I know you pay more.

Richard, Im sorry but Ican not pay that much. about half of that after taxes is very good. being self employd is helping me get there.

but the beer here is nothing compare to good old brittish bitter.
have a great new year!!

chemi

Hey... and the well known Belgium beers? And chocolates and pralines?

I admit that every country has his own regulations, taxes, insurance systems...
But I think my calculation was correct and you pay a lot more then we pay our technicians.

That's also the reason why i posted an new thread 'Job comparison'. It's more correct when we compare wages against the whole social system which is behind it. Or the living costs.
I mentioned some very basic prices.

And a happy Newyear which is in Israel something very special this time of the year.

chemi-cool
31-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Hi richard,

well I'm glad you've decided to stay at home . there is no place like home , and home can be any where.

what you call "one of the most dangerous countries" is nonsence.
I went through three wars was shot at by terrorists on my way to service an air condition unit at the border crossing between egypt and israel and I love it here and it is my home on this planet and one day, hopefully in in my life we shall have peace.!!

meanwhile, have a great new year and I'm sure you wont be sitting at home watching the telley all day.

by the way, in what county do you live?

chemi

rbartlett
31-12-2003, 07:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chemi-cool
[B]Hi richard,

well I'm glad you've decided to stay at home . there is no place like home , and home can be any where.

what you call "one of the most dangerous countries" is nonsence.
I went through three wars was shot at by terrorists on my way to service an air condition unit at the border crossing between egypt and israel and I love it here and it is my home on this planet and one day, hopefully in in my life we shall have peace.!!

i think chemi you answered my statement by saying '3 wars plus being shot at by terrorists'

so how does that make my 'one of the most dangerous' comment nonsense?? very confused..??;-)

i guess those who are/were brought up in that enviroment (northern ireland, south africa, middle east etc etc) assume that's 'normal' (which it is for them of course) and deal with the violence,brutality and inhumanity with a "whacha gonna do?" brush off..

however here in England we don't have to worry about snipers, terrorists suicide bombers etc...

good luck with your peace- although i feel a lot of the old guard on both sides of the new wall will have to change before your dream becomes a reality...

cheers

richard

rbartlett
31-12-2003, 08:01 PM
p.s how do you make it old quote bit green??

cheers

richard

chemi-cool
31-12-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by rbartlett
p.s how do you make it old quote bit green??

cheers

richard

I think this is how its done.

chemi

chemi-cool
31-12-2003, 08:10 PM
Richard,

press the quote button at the bottom right and then decide what do you want to quote.

chemi

Abe
31-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Richard,

press the quote button at the bottom right and then decide what do you want to quote.[url]
chemi

Just testing...........lol

Hey, it works!!! Thanks Chemi!!!

wesmax
17-12-2004, 11:47 PM
sounds like a good idea can we make up a set of standard questions and all answer .
wesmax