PDA

View Full Version : restaurant air conditioning

Lc_shi
07-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Dear sirs
I'm asked by one of my friends about how to set a good air conditioning system which can prevent the smell of the restaurant (main menu is chafing dish of mutton). I went to see an existing restaurant which use split ac + heat recovery ventilator,but the smell is still serious. How to do to deal with this situation well?

thanks

regards
LC

The Viking
07-08-2008, 06:59 AM
Full fresh air is the only way forward if you want to get rid of smells.

Normally in restaurants you would have more extract than supply air in the kitchen and slightly more supply than extract in the eating area. This is to prevent smells from the kitchen migrating.

nike123
07-08-2008, 07:04 AM
Simple split systems are not for that purposes.
He need to invest some more money in proper ventilation and professional air conditioning.
First he need to start with finding consulting engineer/firm for that purpose and than make some financial and tehnical decisions based on that.

casstrig
07-08-2008, 09:53 AM
chafing dishes are in the restaruant I presume.Because of there funtion to keep the food warm a lot of steam coming off them should be extracted directly with an extraction hood,as said in previuos posts your supply air should be greater giving a slightly positive pressure in your restaruant,I would also use an air curtain between kitchen and restaruant.

catcher22
07-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Hi
We had the same problem with a indian restaurant which had a open kitchen.
We went down all the lines mentioned above but the cost involved scared the s**t out of the customer.
So split a/c systems where installed and a couple of vams for venterlation and a nice glass screen was fitted to seperate diners from the kitchen.
mark

nike123
07-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi
We had the same problem with a indian restaurant which had a open kitchen.
We went down all the lines mentioned above but the cost involved scared the s**t out of the customer.
So split a/c systems where installed and a couple of vams for venterlation and a nice glass screen was fitted to seperate diners from the kitchen.
mark

That is like using donkey

http://thirdrail.smorgasblog.com/archives/donkey.jpg

instead of yak

http://bc.fotosearch.com/bigcomps/DSN/DSN006/1772144.jpg

to climb Himalayas mountain.

:D:D

catcher22
07-08-2008, 02:30 PM
I know, but we all tell the customer the way it should be done, then the price and they then say what if we did this and then ect ect ect.
Got to say it did work very well but the glass does require a lot of cleaning buts thats their job.
mark

Lc_shi
09-08-2008, 02:04 AM
The best way maybe is to apply floor cooling air supply and upper extract with energy recovery wheel or others. But the cost isn't good news to the restaurant owner:p

icecube51
09-08-2008, 04:42 PM
good ventilation whit heat or cool recovery and washable filters can work. but they have to clean the filters regularly.

Ice