PDA

View Full Version : Beko frostfree - fridge only 10c?

scoobey
06-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Hi All

I'm hoping someone can offer some help to me - i'm really pulling my hair out here!

I bought a Beko frostfree fridge-freezer about 2 years ago and have been having problems with it for a while now (typically after the warranty expired). The freezer kept randomly defrosting at the beginning of the year causing me to lose quite a lot a food.
I called out an engineer who replaced the compressor as there was 'no pressure'. This seemed to work great - the freezer is *real* cold, but now after a couple of months the fridge is only at 10 degrees celcius, despite it being on the highest setting.

I'm thinking of ditching this piece of crap unless anyone has any ideas? I've called the engineer who replaced the compressor but he's being somewhat elusive.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

karl957
13-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Hello do you know what temperature are you getting in your freezer?

nike123
13-08-2008, 09:00 PM
You have been probably riped off. Technician has changed compressor and he did not find leak. Now you have same situation as before, refrigerant has leaked poor performance in fridgr compartment and compressor is now overheating. Some leaks could not be found and it is better to change that fridge then investing more money with uncertain outcome.

karl957
19-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi, With frost free when one gets the impression that the freezer is ok but not cooling correctly in refrigerator it could also be a defrost error. The air flow is restricted because of ice block on the evaporator.