PDA

View Full Version : Daikin RZYQ8PY1 'E3' error?

Drew
06-08-2008, 11:14 AM
I have a daikin ducted heat pump Model RZQ8PY1 which keeps on tripping out on 'E3'. It only happens on heating mode with the indoor fan set to cycle off with the outdoor unit. If we program the indoor fan to run continously we dont get the fault. The client prefers to have the fan cycling so we need to solve this. I thought it could be the pressure transducer but that tested ok.
When the indoor fan cycles off the compressor doesnt seem to ramp down quickly enough and then the system cuts out on 'E3' (high pressure) . This doesnt happen everytime and mainly happens on colder nights (0 to -5 degrees C) What is the link between the indoor fan and the compressor?

Daikin tech support have made me program in a '59' code into the system??
Im not sure what it does but i'll see tonight if it helps. Any other suggestions please??

marc5180
06-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Is your indoor coil clean and it has enough airflow ? We have had this problem over the past few months E3 and F3. We changed all the sensors and cleaned the coil but it kept tripping every few days. Eventually we jetwashed the coil and the amount of dirt we got out was unbeleivable. The fault is now fixed, hope this helps.

Drew
06-08-2008, 10:01 PM
It is a relatively new instal and hasnt worked propley since so Ive gotta think about instal faults as well as factory faults. The coil should be clean? The HP issue is only an issue when the indoor fan attemps to cycle with the compressor(on heating). Instead of ramping down smoothly the pressure starts climbing until it shuts down suddenly.
The fault does not occur if we run the indoor fan continiously in heating.(client does not want this)

Drew
07-08-2008, 07:59 AM
The unit has run for 36 hours without tripping!
Hold thumbs.:)

sinewave
07-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Marc, I take it you disconected the internal A/H before Jet washing? :rolleyes:

I can't think of a way of doing it otherwise! :p

marc5180
07-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Marc, I take it you disconected the internal A/H before Jet washing? :rolleyes:

I can't think of a way of doing it otherwise! :p

Internal AH???? what is an AH?

marc5180
09-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Sinewave??

SkyWalker
27-09-2008, 11:21 AM
air handler? maybe he means fan motor ect, to jet wash an indoor coil would mean taking the whole unit apart and then a full rebuild! i like those sort of jobs! give it a real maintenance! =)