PDA

View Full Version : Samsung RS21NCNS Problems

hampo69
04-08-2008, 03:56 PM
HELP! I'm Desperate!
We have a Samsung RS21NCNS side-by-side fridge freezer. at some point yesterday the temperature in the fridge side rose from a normal 2 Deg C to around 17 Deg C. Freezer side was a normal -18 Deg C.
I have tried using the 'POWER COOL' function to no avail. I have tried turning the power off for an hour, but this hasn't worked either.

We used to hear a fan running in the back somewhere, but this hasn't been heard for a few days now, and would coincide witht he increase in fridge temperature. The fan sounded a little noisy, as though it was off balance and catching on something. Are they fragile? Are they easy to source??

The MG Pony
04-08-2008, 10:16 PM
yes they can be easily replaced providing you know what your doing. How ever that may not be the source of the main issue, Can you leave it powerd off for a day or so? could be the defrost has given up the ghost and ice has built up and jammed it.

By leting it sit for 1 day or 2 is a cheap free way to see if it is a defrost issue, other then dialing up the tech to have a look.

hampo69
06-08-2008, 04:52 AM
Thanx for that.

I took the shorter option the other night.
Took the back internal cover off and found the 'water drain' frozen solid.
Used the wifes hair dryer to defrost it. Please don't tell her or my life won't be worth living.
Turned out to be a much cheaper option that the quoted £75/C$150 call out fee then parts and VAT (similar to your GST but at 17.5%)

I believe the replacement sensor for this model is around £12/C$24.

chillin out
11-08-2008, 09:59 PM
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14421

brianubaldo
19-08-2008, 08:56 AM
the problem is the de-frosting..

the unit has no problem with the de-frosting sensor.. you just need to modify the assy cover evap..

as you can see when you open the fridge assy cover evap.. you can see a small hole near the bottom of the fan motor.. just modify the assy cover evap..

just put a metal plate in the hole.. (DO NOT COVER THE HOLE)
just put the plate below the hole..
and then put also plate in the evaporator parallel to the hole..

i wish i can attached the pics so you can picture out but this forum allows only 100kb attachment.. it cannot fit.